Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am from the Dallas/Ft Worth area and have an older wing (88 GL1500). I am looking for someone/someplace who will still work on these older models! It seems with the age, all of my local dealers will no longer service it and I am at a loss.

This particular bike needs the carbs overhauled and synchronized.

The machine is stripped and the carbs are easily accessable which is where a big part of the labor is involved.

I can trailer it wherever it needs to go but, as of yet, are unable to find anyone.

Anyone have any suggestions or someone they know who is knowledgeable and willing? any help would be appreciated :)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Tony, that's getting to be a common thing with shops not wanting to work on the older bikes. Hopefully some of our members in your area can get you some names and numbers of shops that will. If you are a GWRRA member maybe some of the chapter members have ideas. There are still lots of older GL's on the road and members here so maybe some of the owners will chime in on this.

·
Registered
905 Posts
House of Horsepower Leeds Alabama. We can do all repairs needed. If you want to call me Pete 205-699-3419. I know it is a long way but we take care of a number of older wings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts