Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted one for about 15 years!!!
FINALLY A GW OWNER :D
Had some great bikes over the years including the last one (Sniff) a VTX1300 I traded in on the Wing. I am all 'aquiver' Tee Hee !!!
Got a good deal on a 2010 Yellow (YEP, I LOVE the color) Audio/comfort model GW. Heard it was not only the prettiest, but also the fastest color for Goldwing's. (Black for VTX's and Harley's)
Surfed a bunch of other forums and THIS one seems to be the friendliest and most helpful of them all!
I will have a BUNCH of ?s, and hope to be contributing at some point.
Mike - mctoy

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Get some pics up here so we can "oogle" your new Yellow Wing... Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello mike,welcome to GWOF and congrats on the purchase of the new wing

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hi Mike, and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the wing. The guy that took us for a gorgeous ride in VT had a real nice yellow 1800. I was in fifth position and could always keep an eyeball on him. Nice color, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I traded in my VTX1300 as well when I bought my 05 Wing. I really missed it at first, but it's fading fast from my memory. When it comes to taking long trips, there's no comparison. Welcome to the Forum from Texas.

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes and the kudos!!!
Thanks for not dumping on another guy with a 'Yella' one...ah, what the heck go ahead!
I really do like the Yellow !!! Fastest, and looks clean all the time. My experience has been that the lighter colors don't show swirls/scatches as much as say black for instance (Black - sexiest unless it's a VTX then it IS the fastest) Been riding about 45 years I guess, and still at it. NEW to Goldwings, so I WILL pester y'all with LOTs of questions. Of particular interest to me, will be Navi/music questions. I don't even know exactly what an MP3 is, but know it would be an easy cheap way to carry a bunch of recorded music with me (No CD on mine) Excited, should take delivery tomorrow !!!

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Pa. I'll bet my black Wing will keep up with your yellow Wing. By the way, my black VTX is fast too. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Mine has a plug in connector for an I-Pod in the left front pocket. It would play through the speakers/ headsets on the " AUX " setting. First check your left front compartment for a black wire with a small male connector on the end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. I just picked my 2010 up a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Ride safe:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Newb

Welcome to the fourm from Pa. I'll bet my black Wing will keep up with your yellow Wing. By the way, my black VTX is fast too. Enjoy your new ride.
Well...ya know with all the advancements in motorcycle technology, and provided you have a fresh coat of wax on yours, I'll wager your right !!! :D

Picking my first Wing up in about 3 hours !!!
Last time I had a check in my pocket for one was '84....Aspencade, but I just COULDN'T justify the money at the time.....
(About 6K I think----wow have things changed!!!)
Wanted one a LOOOOng time !!!
Mctoy

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Picking my first Wing up in about 3 hours !!!
Last time I had a check in my pocket for one was '84....Aspencade, but I just COULDN'T justify the money at the time.....
(About 6K I think----wow have things changed!!!)

Wanted one a LOOOOng time !!!
Mctoy
I have to agree, Wow!

When you get home from your first ride, which will probably be a LOT longer than necessary, let us know.

:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First ride

You were right...my 20 mile home ride went just over 100.
WOW....all I can say is WOW :D
This thing is Sooo smooth, powerful, quiet, comfy etc etc etc...
Only reason I didn't ride further is that it is about 98 degrees, 100% humidity , cloudy and they are calling for thunderstorms. We just checked tonights forecast: 0%, cooler and we WILL go for our first ride together on it and our first night ride later. Need to raise the pass. pegs for her, otherwise it's all chrome and lights basically !!! Got a taller windshield, so will have a brand new stock one up for sale soon. Spoiler and chrome front cowling they say, are on back order :mad: Don't really need the spoiler for any other reason than it puts red lights at eyeball level! Will get a run/brake light converter asap along with some variety of RTB converter for the other tail lights. What headsets are y'all using?
Mctoy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome!! You did goooooooood, both in the choice of bikes and forums

1 - 17 of 17 Posts