Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all !!!
I just joined the site and look forward to meet tons of great folks on GW's!!
A lil history about me..
I'm a salty old school US Marine who loves year round riding in St. Louis Missouri area ~Yes, if the roads are dry, and it's -10F .. I'm rolling on my bike
Back in Dec 2019 I had a near fatal motorcycle accident ( I was rear ended by a car doing 80 mph) while I was riding a pretty rare thumper ( it was a CF Moto V5 250cc).
Well last June I got a small settlement, and in true USMC logic..
"What doesn't kill you, means you need to get a bigger bike"
So I ended up with not one, but 2 classic Gold Wings.
Meet "Chiana",
My '82 GL1100 Interstate. She's beyond dear to me as she was made the year I deployed to Beirut, and she has NEVER let me down or left me stranded.
I also have a '83 Aspencade, but she's getting her engine rebuilt
I plan on riding all over this great Country of ours, so if I'm in the area, feel free to say hello and let's get a cup'o'coffee !!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
12,871 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Beautiful bike and thank you for your service.

·
Administrator
15,830 Posts
Welcome to you from Mississippi. Thank you for your service. Love the "What doesn't kill you, means you need to get a bigger bike".

Enjoy that bike and I hope to ride along with you one day, or two...I hope to ride up along the big river on the way up to the UP of Michigan this fall. But plans are still not firmed up. So many places to go, so little time. This work thing is really cramping my style.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Nice looking wing. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had an '83 Interstate in about the same condition as yours but without any of the chrome accessories (or flags). You've got a real nice ride there!

My right side muffler rotted/rusted out about 6" from the end and I was able to find a decent replacement on eBay. Right side ones are harder to find, and harder still to find one in decent shape after 38 years.
Yours look original. But it looks like the tailpiece is cut on a bevel? Is that pipe original?

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Enjoy the forum and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome from another one in Mississippi. I will be following along with mark and show him the river road this fall. We will also have a Kiwi friend with us assuming the schedule works. I have two classics also. Mine are in the rebuild stages. A 75 and a 77 with a side car. My rider is a 2015.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts