Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

maybe

5K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Chopin 
#1 ·
I have a oppurtunity to pick up a 2002 wing with 25,000 miles, premium audio, luggage rack, original owner in excellent condition for $10,500. This seems like a good deal to me but wanted to run it by some of you with knowledge of this bike.
Frame recall was done and he has all service records, I own a VTX 1300c now and will this bike be much difference at first to get used to? Anything I should look for that is known to go bad on these?
Thanks for any help for the Goldwing greenhorn.

#3 · (Edited)
Hello METZ. Came off a VTX1300C last November myself. An '02 with 25,000 miles on it is like brand new. I put 10,000 miles on mine just this year. Not being an aged Wing owner, I can't personally give you any caveats regarding the '02. The price looks good from what I remember when I was shopping last year. I " paid " $18,000 for an '08 heated/ Nav with 9,000 miles. One thing is for sure, you will go farther. Another price comparison :http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/2120518411.html

#6 ·
I can tell you that my wing will run away from my dads 1300 VTX with ease. My mother laughs and says she loves to listen to my stereo, when we get to a traffic light :D
I JUST got off my bike and havent rode for a few weeks but its 65 degrees and I have a couple of minutes so I took it out. I do not regret going out on the limb a bit to get my bike. I LOVE IT! So here is my humble opinion. By the 02 keep your VTX and ride both. I would be wiling to bet that the thought will come to sell your VTX and put the money toward the Goldwing. It may not, but BUY IT! Ride Safe. :D

#7 ·
KBB suggested retail is $11,300. So $10.5k seems like a good price.

#8 ·
Well I bit the bullet but not on the 2002, I ended up with a 2006 premium audio/comfort with 10,496 miles on it for 13,800.00 out the door with tax and title included. Thanks for the input guys and now I have a VTX 1300C to get rid of but life is short and I wanted a Goldwing !!
I'm in Ohio, Can I ride this in the snow:D

#10 ·
Sweet. This bike has also been " nowhere ". The " comfort " is a nice option depending on your riding tolerance level. The VTX will sell fast. I had an '06 VTX 1300C. A few chrome addy's with 17,000 miles . I sold it for $4,600. within a week. A very popular bike for the novice and occasional weekend riders.

#11 ·
Sounds like an even better deal. Congrats.. You will need snow tires to ride in the snow..... If you do, send pics. We love a good laugh... LOL

#9 ·
Yes, it can be ridden in the snow. We have video of one such individual. The question is, "how far".

Congrats on the ride and we all are counting the days before we can ride again.

#13 ·
There are many reasons as to why and "for the same $" is ok if you have 2 left hands and expect to be served. Some people enjoy creating their own and some are limited in their movement and the possibilities of what 10 fingers can do.
Excellent point Astor, except you forgot one other aspect. "Some just want to ride." :D

#15 ·
Wow, I thought the VTX had alot of aftermarket stuff untill I went to wingstuff.com and I spent 3 hours just going through all the stuff on the website. Ordered me a front end bra to protect this pretty baby. You guys have been great on here and glad I came across this site. Many questions to come I am sure.

#16 ·
UH OH. Now you did it. It won't be long before you are a member of W.A. & searching for help. Items that you may need will include Highway pegs & a Backrest. They will be high on the priority list.

#18 ·
Congrats on your new bike.

Keep the 1300 around for one full riding season. That won't cost much in depreciation of the value and you might just find a reason to ride it every once in awhile. I know I do. I had thought of selling the Volusia, but with 4,000 miles on it and setup the way I like it...... and having friends that ride that same style bike, I decided to keep it around. Now when my brother comes to visit from South Dakota..... he has something to ride here.

#23 ·
Well I couldnt sleep hardly a wink last night, trailered my baby home today and she is tucked away neatly in the heated garage and awaiting for some goodies to come in to add on. Only 26 degrees here today and I didnt feel the cold when I took it for a zip around town, must of been the adrenaline flowing through my body,lol.
Looking foward to contributing to the site although it might be awhile before I am a seasoned wing rider and have something to contribute.
Days like today make me wish I lived in the southern states:mad:

#27 ·
I wouldnt worry about being a "seasoned wing rider." The people on this site ride EVERYTHING and I have not experienced anything but good honest advice from everyone. There is of course a little bit of banter, but nothing that is mean or hateful. We all ride and that is what we have in common. I really enjoy being here. Now that the mushy stuff is over :D ...Well I would say I am going to go ride but no time and freakin cold :(

#25 ·
Congrats on the new ride! And yeah, Maestro is living proof that you don't have to give constructive comments about the bike to be here... Too bad I "get" to ride with him from time to time! :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.