Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why a trunk mirror ??

Im not that old, but if its to fix my hair .... well. I dont have enough to worry about it ..

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
All is vanity. In my trunk lid liner there is a hair brush that has taken up permanent residency in one of the pockets. I can't use it because it has too many bristles.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
LOL....really no question is too silly or dumb.....LOL

But yes it is mostly for the ladies that ride on the wing to be able to "freshen up" after getting off the wing. My wife has short hair and she just runs her hand through it and away we go....LOL. Mine did not want a mirror in the trunk but did want a light to be able to see in the dark when opening the trunk.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Argh man !! Sheez ! No body tell my wife !

When we go on a bike trip .. I handle it kind of like when we go camping (with wife, 1 teen 1 preteen girls).

I tell them lay out all they want to bring along.
Then I do the denials.

Does each have to bring a hair dryer, curling iron, straightening iron (why would you need one if your bringing a curling iron ? :confused: ), one gallon of shampoo and conditioner each, makeup .. makup .. who the heck wears makeup on a camping trip ??? :rolleyes: .. this is just the tip of the iceberg !

... Im sure you see what I mean. ...wouldnt give 'em up for the world though.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
LOL..yeah that is one reason when the wife and I go on long trips I have to bring a trailer.....all my stuff is in the left saddle bag and part of the trunk All her stuff is in the right saddle bag, the trunk and the trailer.......LOL.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Skip the trunk mirror and get her a pin for her blouse/shirt/jacket/vest, thats says "Hair Do By Honda":)
Explains it all.:D

·
Super Moderator
11,791 Posts
Skip the trunk mirror and get her a pin for her blouse/shirt/jacket/vest, thats says "Hair Do By Honda":)
Explains it all.:D
Heck, I need one of those pins/patches! :eek:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Trunk mirror has many uses, but most of them are for "her". If you are sun challenged like me, it works for SPF 30-45, but then again, so the the bike mirrors;)

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I had one on my 98 GL1500 that my daughter used to correct "helmet hair". It also had a light which proved useful at night to see in the trunk. I don't have one in the 09 GL1800..... (kind of miss that light):eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's so that when you get to your destination and unpacking, you can see when your friends, (who are riding the "other" bikes) finally arrive behind you.

YV

·
Registered
258 Posts
Trunk Mirror

Why a trunk mirror ??

Im not that old, but if its to fix my hair .... well. I dont have enough to worry about it ..
When riding cross country and cell coverage is lacking, a trunk mirror may come handy in an emergency. :) Re: Hair...Ditto!!
Ride Safe:D

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
When you have a wife and four girls age 8 to 27 you sometimes have to forget to pack all of the bags. Trouble is then you end up at the store when you get were you are going. That little mirror is so you can see that happy face you have on you when you end your day because your great wife told you to take the bike and meet them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts