Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a 2300 mi trip to Colorado fron N. TX on my '07 Harley Street Glide. I was so beat up I swore that I'd have a Gold Wing before I went back!! My wife even said that she'd like to go if I had a Wing. I'm a bit uncertain about the different models. I just got back from a "Mickey Mouse" dealer who only had an '07 base model on the floor. He said that the heated seats were nice but you had to pay for the GPS which he said is crap. I was considering the Audio/Comfort/ABS/GPS model. I'm planning on visiting a "real" dealer and taking a test ride. I have ridden Wings before but not the new ones. How do I begin to sort this all out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too am thinking about moving up to a wing. My wife likes the way they look and the comfort they can provide for the pillion.

Besides sorting out the specs, is there a better time of year to buy? This coming from a location that does not have a (enjoyable) year round riding season.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Goldwing Convert

I had a 1995 Harley Ultra Classic for 5 years. Never had any issues with it. I really enjoyed. I put 20k miles on it. I traded it in on a 2005 Goldwing. I wasn't too sure about the Wing for the first year or so. Then my brother and I rented 2 new Harleys in Montana and rode into Canada for a week. We couldn't believe the difference. The harleys were fine but couldn't hold a candle to the Wings performance or handling. Since the I have never considered anything but a Wing. I wish I would have waited a couple months and got an 06. They have heated seats and grips. I ride with a couple guys that have GPS on thier Wings and they like it. I guess I'm old school. I'd rather look at a map and get lost. It's the journey, not the destination. I think I would have gotten ABS if I would have done a little more research. Definately the heated seats. We just came back from a 3000 mile one week trip into Colorado and wasn't sore or beat up. My wife REALLY likes the Wing. Quiter and much more comfortable.

gg

·
Registered
21 Posts
ya might chk out this guy in texas: http://www.hondamotorcycles-usedmotorcycles.com
i just bought an 08 audio - love it. smooth, balanced, tons-O-torque, great radio. i don't need all the fluff like heated seats, cb, gps, airbag - to me it's just more stuff to break. i sat on the back and was amazed at the room and comfort. my wife wants to get her lincense. :eek: had to tell her I will never ride on the back of a motorcycle. i gotta have control, baby :D.

peace - R

·
Registered
2 Posts
First, decide what you like. All the wings will ride the same. Just decide what you want to spend and how many gadgets you really want. I have an 01' and absolutly love it. No matter what you pick you won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wing v/s HD

Just got back from a 2300 mi trip to Colorado fron N. TX on my '07 Harley Street Glide. I was so beat up I swore that I'd have a Gold Wing before I went back!! My wife even said that she'd like to go if I had a Wing. I'm a bit uncertain about the different models. I just got back from a "Mickey Mouse" dealer who only had an '07 base model on the floor. He said that the heated seats were nice but you had to pay for the GPS which he said is crap. I was considering the Audio/Comfort/ABS/GPS model. I'm planning on visiting a "real" dealer and taking a test ride. I have ridden Wings before but not the new ones. How do I begin to sort this all out?
G, Day mate im not sure how young you are but if your like me in my late 50,s i have had many bike,s AJS, Velocette, Norton, 3500 tripple 500 triple Kawa im on my 3rd goldwing started on a 1000, then a 1100 then up to a 1500 which i think is the best model Honda ever made it pull,s a trailer with ease 1800 is to much power for a bike i would love one but the pocket,s are not that deep every person who ride,s a bike will think there model is best,??? I Like to ride in COMFORT ????:eek:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
One good thing about Canada is Honda only gives you two choices with or without an airbag. All we have to decide is expensive or more expensive. That being said I’ve had mine for a month and just over 2700 km on it and I wasn’t able to ride for two of those weeks. So needless to say I’m very happy with the bike it just does everything better than expected and I expected a lot from a bike with an msrp of 32500, yes I went with the airbag. After I talked with a guy that split a car in half with his and was just taking his new one in for a service. I figured what’s an extra 1000.

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
you guys do realize that the first post was back in '08 and goldwingman, larry and you too camer are just replying to these inactive members

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
You can't get sharper than the good detdr guys. Camer, the 2010 GL1800ADA msrp'd for $31,499, and the 2012 lists for $30,999. Hope you didn't pay $32,500 for yours:eek:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
LOL I didn't notice the date on the first post. I also didn't pay that for mine but with some dealer installed options the msrp creeps up fast so the ins. company has it insured for 34 ish I lucked out and got the 6000 off plus the insurance cheque from my last one and 3.9% for 5 yrs it's like the upgrade to a new wing was free

1 - 11 of 11 Posts