Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the weekend of May 12th, 13th and the 14th there is a come one, come all ride to the " Maggy Valley " area of NC / TN. I shouldn't have to remind you that Sunday, May 13th is " Mothers Day ", so bring you're mother with you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Someday I will return home to East Tennessee and ride the Wing through Maggie Valley, the Smokies and the Dragon. Those will be great rides and memories. Have fun....

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Thanks for the invite but I will not be attending.:(

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
moms birthday is may 18 ( she will be 83 yrs old then ) and my plan is to take her out either the mothers day weekend or the following weekend

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I Plan on being there!!! May 12 and 13 for sure.....Do I have to change my tires?

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Plan on being there!!! May 12 and 13 for sure.....Do I have to change my tires?
The annual Darksider Ride In will be in Robbinsville that weekend. I think they are packing up Saturday. Don't wonder off alone. Worst case scenario, tell them you're a friend of Coldwing from the ** **** forum.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
The annual Darksider Ride In will be in Robbinsville that weekend. I think they are packing up Saturday. Don't wonder off alone. Worst case scenario, tell them you're a friend of Coldwing from the ** **** forum.
And that will Help me:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
What are they going to do Ref? Make fun of you? Ooooohhhhhh.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Is there a web sight for this ride in? If not, whom is the "leader"? Are there any get togethers, rides, base of operations, etc.
Wife/My anniversary(47)is then and we planned to ride our trike to Gatlinburg. Could easily change to Maggi Valley.
Thanks
Dawg

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
What are they going to do Ref? Make fun of you? Ooooohhhhhh.:rolleyes:
They may!!! Just the name "DARK SIDERS":eek::eek: Sounds like a Rough Crowd!!

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Sounds like you all will have a fun time of it. Ref, Listen to Fleetwood Mac....Go Your Own Way!:D

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there a web sight for this ride in? If not, whom is the "leader"? Are there any get togethers, rides, base of operations, etc.
Wife/My anniversary(47)is then and we planned to ride our trike to Gatlinburg. Could easily change to Maggi Valley.
Thanks
Dawg
No Deputy, Nothing formal planned, Right now, as far as I can tell, it's just an open impromptu ride meet. My " plans " right now is to grab my neighbor Don and head down to Winston--Salem on Friday. Spend the night at " L2R " place and meet up with any others at some predetermined location. Right now I believe Robbinsville is the focus gathering place. In a sense we are making it up as we go right now. the point is to go.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
No Deputy, Nothing formal planned, Right now, as far as I can tell, it's just an open impromptu ride meet. My " plans " right now is to grab my neighbor Don and head down to Winston--Salem on Friday. Spend the night at " L2R " place and meet up with any others at some predetermined location. Right now I believe Robbinsville is the focus gathering place. In a sense we are making it up as we go right now. the point is to go.
Dont forget Big G...Talked to him on FB about a minute ago..He's all over it.

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont forget Big G...Talked to him on FB about a minute ago..He's all over it.
Sweet! I'll have to see what days he call ride. As stated, nothing is in stone as far as my plans ( although I have a desired one ) . Can't leave GORDO to ride down there by himself. Thanks REF. We need to send him over to this thread so he can input.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I am wide open in May....Impromptu, works for me. I set all my stuff up in April while your riding a Harley in Arizona. If I know something within a Thursday, I can make it happen.:)

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I am wide open in May....Impromptu, works for me. I set all my stuff up in April while your riding a Harley in Arizona. If I know something within a Thursday, I can make it happen.:)
Unless an earthquake levels the Smoky Mountains, the 12th, 13th, 14th..... of May are the dates. If I head down Friday, I'll return on Sunday :( If I head down Saturday, I'll return on Monday:( Either way :):) REF: How far are you from Robbinsville, NC ?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
We have been talking about this for awhile and batting whether it be Fontana Dam area or Robbinsville.

Right now, it 'looks' like Robbinsville has more hotels and more rooms.

Either way, we are in and expect to be there Saturday thru Tuesday.

I know Ralphumor is to make an appearance with sleeping wife in tow, possilby more family. (side car I am guessing).

CAn't wait.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Sounds great....I can definitely do Saturday and Sunday. Heading home Sunday afternoon...I certainly hope to do a portion of the Skyway. Should be a blast.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts