Honda Goldwing Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Back to Kaslo for a short break then we headed west on Hwy 31A over the pass to New Denver for an ice cream cone. Three black bears appeared across the road and I think they were eyeing our ice cream! I tried to get a picture of them but they were in the shadows and the pics didn’t show them very clearly. Then back the Kaslo for a beer at the Angry Hen and dinner and to turn in the night. A great day of riding!
Footwear Military uniform Military person Squad Sky

Brown Wood Font Wall Street light

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Saturday. Day 6 of the adventure! We said goodbye to the GWOF group @ 8am this morning in Kaslo and headed out in 10C and very smoky conditions towards the Kootenay Lake ferry. We didn’t check the ferry departure times beforehand (who would think to do that?) so we arrived at the terminal and waited 1h15m for departure! (Could have had breakfast in Kaslo!) 😯
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Water Sky Cloud Boat Body of water

Cloud Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
After we left the ferry, we headed back south on Hwy 3A to Creston; opposite direction from when we rode north on Thursday. The best motorcycle road in BC! Lots of twisties and great pavement!
From Creston it was an hour west ride east on Hwy 3 to Cranbrook, Fernie, then the Alberta border. We are staying the night in Pincher Creek. Tomorrow we head home 😢 😃
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Sky Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Sunday - Day 7. On our way home! The motel in Pincher Creek was small but clean and cheap so it suited us just fine. This morning, we started with a hearty breakfast sandwich at Tim Hortons then backtracked west about 20km on Hwy 3 to join up to Hwy 22 north (The Cowboy Trail). A nice ride along the foothills of the Rockies through vast open tracks of Ranchland with sweeping curves and lots of elevation changes in the rolling hills.
Sadly we didn’t stop for pictures along the way, but as we approached the area SW of Calgary, there were lots of bikes out for a days ride. We meandered up some secondary Hwys, emerging at Bowden along Alberta Hwy 2 for lunch at the Starlight Diner Car! Out of this world!
After lunch, we “rode the slab” (Hwy 2) home in time for dinner.
All in all, a great trip! My first GWOF meet & greet and such fun to see these folks and ride with them again.
Until next time friends - that’s the end of this thread from my perspective!
Automotive parking light Car Cloud Wheel Tire

Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Administrator
29,490 Posts
Great group of folks, riding, and that scenery. You can't and didn't go wrong. Thanks for sharing and the pics

·
Administrator
16,072 Posts
Thank you for sharing your adventure. Always a good time on the road.

Reactions: Maui

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Thanks for the trip report and all of the great photos. Family issues have kept me home this year so I really appreciate you sharing.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
The Starlite Diner Car has become a regular stop for us over the last few years. Drove by a hundred times, then finally one day stopped in. Now we never drive by. Hope they can stay in business with the new competition right beside them now.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts