Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening GWOF! Just finished the first day of my ride and am hoping to be diligent enough to post photos every day for the next 6 days or so.
Today, we left Seba Beach Alberta and headed to Golden BC for the night. This picture is our start from Seba Beach.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Day 2 - we started off with this morning in rather cool weather in Golden (7degC) after a hearty breakfast at the Big Bend Cafe. These first 3 pictures are at the Rogers Pass monument commemorating the official opening of the Trans Canada Highway in 1962.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Mountain

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We had lunch in Sicamous BC followed by a potty break at Mara Lake Provincial Park just south of Sicamous. Our family has holiday camped at Mara Lake several times over the years
Tire Sky Plant Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We rode through busy and hot (26degC) Vernon BC before heading east on Hwy 6 to Lumby BC. From Lumby we took a 37km twisty road up the the south end of Mabel Lake to a Provincial park and marina. The general store floats at the marina and we were able to get their last iced cream cone of the season! The pictures are of Mabel Lake and the marina. Then back to Lumby (29degC) for dinner at the Blue Ox Pub and staying the night.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Took BC Hwy 6 west to the ferry across Arrow Lake (not sure if we were on upper or lower Arrow Lake!). Hwy 6 was very nice to ride. Stretches of twisty turns interspersed with some fairly straight stretches. The temp started out at 15C and there temp went up and down as the altitude went down and up! 😂
I’m the background on the ferry, you can see 4 identical rental motorhomes, who rode in a slow tight formation ahead of us. Took us many many miles to get safely past them only to come across a passing lane a few more miles along! :oops:
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Before going any further, I should introduce my riding buddy Jim. In 2018, Jim bought a 2013 F6B, and traded it in this spring for the 2018 Harley Road King you see in the pictures. Jim and I went to university together and he and our wives have been friends since. Here’s Jim with his F6B in 2018.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
After the ferry ride today, we rode through Nakusp then over to New Denver for lunch at the Valhalla Inn. We stayed there a few years ago. Interesting town in the shores of Slocan Lake that was home to a Japanese Internment camp during WWII. They have an informative museum there.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Plant

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Following breakfast, a walk downtown revealed a number of murals, so as homage to Doc, I took some photos. Alas, I didn’t ride my bike there or include it in the photos, but it bought I’d share the murals on their own. (I acknowledge that Doc posts better pictures!)
Sky Daytime Window Azure Road surface

Tire Sky Building Wheel Graffiti

Building Window Graffiti Art Font

Rainbow Light Sky Art Paint

Sky Asphalt Art Paint Vehicle

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Our Thursday morning ride took us to Creston for lunch (picture below) then after lunch we ride up Hwy 3A north from Creston (probably the best motorcycle road in BC!) to the ferry across Kootenay Lake from Crawford Bay to Balfour. Then a quick ride up the west side of the lake to Kaslo to meet up with Kerry @edmKC and Renny @armsrn and another former member of the GWOF.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Sky

1 - 20 of 27 Posts