Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks

I will be picking my new wing up in Mason City Iowa in May and riding back to Canada Via Niagara Falls. Does anyone have any info on good routes to take or things I should see along the way?
We will be riding over the weekend and may stop in a Honky Tonk or two along the way so looking for info on good ones on route also.
\

Thanks Paul

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Route 6 through Pa is always a nice ride then up 15 through Watkins Glen NY but you probably already know all this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not been to Watkins Glen since I was a kid. Sounds like a fine way to go on the new wing.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Here is a site for you to check out as well. Click on the state, then the region & check out the different roads. I use it a lot.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great site Fossil. Thanks very much!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Here a few places I've visited. Grand Canyon of Pa, Adirondacks Mountains in NY, Lake Placid in NY. If you're a baseball fan there is the Baseball HOF in Cooperstown, NY. Lots to see, so little time.. Ride safe and enjoy your trip and bonding with your new Wing...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Question about a GPS unit for you Fossil!

Here is a site for you to check out as well. Click on the state, then the region & check out the different roads. I use it a lot.

http://www.motorcycleroads.us/
First, thanks for the link! that is a great site.

Second, do you just download your intended trip to your GPS?

Is this "Mac" friendly? I would think it would be far easier to just get a GPS and load the interesting trips into it than trying to use our Navigation system on the 'Wing.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
lakecharles, Sorry can't help you as far as the GPS thing. I don't use one. I usually just make some notes as to where I want to ride or print a copy & throw it in the backrest pouch. Sometimes I just see a road & take it as well.

Ride Safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts