Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nice brisk Sunday ride to the Mariners' Museum in Newport News, VA. Five riders showed . The ride was hosted by our good member " Rapier " as part of the Manassas Chapter of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club, of which both Rapier and I are now new members. The Mariners' Museum's hallmark display is the Civil War era ship " The Monitor ". The infamous cannon turret, engine, propeller and misc. artifact were recovered back in 2006. The actual pieces are soaking in electrolysis tubs on the premises for future reconstruction and display. I recall from childhood history the famous battle between the ironclads " Merrimack and the Monitor ". But..... come to find out that the " Merrimack " was salvaged and rebuilt using iron sides and recommissioned into what came to be named the CSS Virginia. So much for High School history in terms of accuracy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Maestro glad you had a good time. I'll have to put that destination on my list to see. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Good to see you can get out and about on your bike. The fun has just started. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for posting pics. Makes me anxious for Spring.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks for posting!! I gotta go to the head shrinker cause Im having more withdrawals!! Looks like you had a great day!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well no, but my Toyota will be soon if it dont let up here!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,416 Posts
Very nice, I will be adding this to my list of future travels. Just got back from your area on a wildfire detail. You sure have some great roads up there. Made me wish I had my bike until it snowed on Wednesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts