Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with GWRRA biker today to Ocean Springs MS to watch their Mardi Gras parade. We had 2 HD, 3 trikes, 2 Stallions and 13 Goldwings. Great trip and eat your heart out weather. The parade was nice. Nothing like what New Orleans does but nice. (I lived 40 years in N.O.) Didn't think about pic until I had left the house without camera. Sorry.
Tell us if you are going to make a parade this year.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where and what is the Americade parade?

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Our GWRRA Chapter has been riding in the Local Farmers Day Parade in Lynden, Wa, and the 4th of July Parade in Blaine, Wa. Last year we had a bunch from Kamloop, B.C. come down and join us for the Farmers day Parade and spent the week end with us. Had a great time with our Canadian friends. Looks like this year will be a repeat of last year.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I joined the GWRRA a few months ago, but never hooked up to a chapter. There is no chapter close to me. I am very active for the past few years with the GWTA with a chapter very close to me. I've made great friends and riding buddys through this group.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Hey Golddigger,

No parades for me! I am in Nawlins as we speak and have done all I could do to avoid parades. After living here (in New Orleans) for so long I don't go to parades anymore. Mardi GRAS day, I have not attended for decades ever since... Um... Well um.... Ever since 2 things happened. It just got too crazy and... Well ok. I guess I just got old enough that it seems too crazy to me! Heading back to Miami tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
I have not attended for decades ever since... Um... Well um.... Ever since 2 things happened. It just got too crazy and... Well ok. I guess I just got old enough that it seems too crazy to me!
That coupled with the fact that your Bodyguard would kick your butt as well. Man must know his limitations.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hey bad rider,
Great pics and Quechee is right in my neck of the woods!! I would like to meet up with you and any one else from the forum who is attending!!! Let me know we can exchange cell numbers in a p.m. ok.
Thanks for the compliment on the pic's. If all goes well and we both make it to Americade, we will both hook up there. Last year we were there for the first few days and left mid week to ride around. This year we are talking to get there mid week and stay till the end to catch to light parade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts