Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
26,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody in the lower Ontario/Great Lakes region have any information on the ferry service from South Baymouth to Tobermory? I tired yesterday to find schedules and rates but cam up empty. Maybe its the time of year or something but none of the sites I checked had diddly. I'm thinking it could be a nice way to get from the north side of Lake Huron to Niagara...

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
Can't help much because I don't know that particular ferry, however we had one booked from Portland Maine to Yarmouth Nova Scotia for august and they canceled it due to contract issues.

The reason I'm even mentioning it is that it is entirely possible that it may not be running due to economic issues also.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Daryl, I may have just gotten lucky (first time in years) but ontarioferries.com has fares and schedules.

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
Daryl, I may have just gotten lucky (first time in years) but ontarioferries.com has fares and schedules.

Randy can you please buy me a Powerball ticket?????

;)

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Bill, I'll get one for both of us. If I win, I'll call you immediately.

Reactions: fossil92

·
Super Moderator
14,332 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,332 Posts
I've read somewhere that is a good way to stay along the Lake and the peninsula is an interesting ride. I had some friends from down here riding around and into Michigan from Niagara and they took the road around instead. Didn't have anything good to say about that.

·
Administrator
26,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried that Randy and I got "no dates" when I punched it up. Maybe there's an east/west information embargo.... Bwahahahaha
No matter, lots of time to decide, I was just doing some dreaming yesterday about days to come.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chi-cheemaun doesn't run from around thanksgiving until early May. Taking the ferry is certainly an experience but you can drive around Georgian Bay and experience some awesome countryside(Muskokas) if you do take the ferry, try to avoid hwy6 on your way to Niagara.
Doug

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
I tried that Randy and I got "no dates" when I punched it up. Maybe there's an east/west information embargo.... Bwahahahaha
No matter, lots of time to decide, I was just doing some dreaming yesterday about days to come.
OK, try ontarioferries.com/en/schedule

That will get you a page to put "depart from" and "arrive at". Under that is a yellow box with dates from May6 thru Oct16. I did not go any further but there must be shoulder seasons and a peak season for either schedules or fares or both.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Since you are buying, I'm in too.
Oh, there will definitely be appropriate handling charges for all claims deducted from the proceeds before payment.

·
Super Moderator
14,332 Posts
Oh, there will definitely be appropriate handling charges for all claims deducted from the proceeds before payment.
Sounds appropriate. Much more than the government share?

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Sounds appropriate. Much more than the government share?
Taxes and such are your responsibility to calculate and pay. You two don't think this is really gonna happen, do ya?

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
Taxes and such are your responsibility to calculate and pay. You two don't think this is really gonna happen, do ya?
Well heck yeah. I'm already ordered new stuff.

·
Super Moderator
14,332 Posts
Reactions: fossil92

·
Administrator
26,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, try ontarioferries.com/en/schedule

That will get you a page to put "depart from" and "arrive at". Under that is a yellow box with dates from May6 thru Oct16. I did not go any further but there must be shoulder seasons and a peak season for either schedules or fares or both.
That;s where I got the "no dates" message. Maybe it's a seasonal thing...

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
For me, using that address, I got dates AFTER I filled in the depart & arrive boxes. If that doesn't work, I'll be home this next weekend. Come over anytime.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Personally I like the Ferry better than the drive around,but I live in the area.The drive around is a lot of 4 lane stuff down to at least to the Orillia/bottom of Georgian Bay area(69/400 & hwy 11).From there down there's lots of back roads.If you do the Ferry just north of Wiarton you can head to the west shore and run it a long ways south and get around the GTA area.Believe me you really don't want to ride there.
One thing I will say is that the ferry times do change spring/fall to summer.Make sure you know when it's leaving because it's a 4 hour wait for it to get back.I think I paid $35 the last time across a few years ago.

·
Administrator
26,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Chris. I'll check that out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts