Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my first 2-up ride on the GL1200 this weekend and I love this bike! My better half said that it was a very comfy two hour ride (she won't even sit on the VTX). We did the 'five and dime' ride to Colonial Williamsburg (down on Rte 5 and back to Richmond on Rte 10).

We stopped by the weekly 'cruiser night' at the local Hardee's and the GL1200 got more compliments than I could count. We were talking to a couple who just purchased a new '08 GL1800 and the guy's wife said that my Goldwing looked better than their new Wing (the guy didn't seem to be too amused by the comment).

The Wing runs better each time I ride it and I'm getting about 40 mpg!

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Glad you are enjoying your Wing. Colonial Williamsburg is a great place to visit. I was there years ago in a cage, but never on the Wing. Maybe I need to make that trip again. Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
Glad it is working out for you dj. The wings make life with the little ladies so much more enjoyable. I know one day last summer I was working outside of the house. It was a beautiful day the wife came out as I was finishing, I was walking past the Nighthawk & said to her "Do you want to go for a little ride on the Hawk?" The answer was a confused drawn out NOOOOOO. I could tell that what was going through her mind was "Why would I want to get on the Nighthawk, when I own a a piece of the finest motorcycle in the world?" Maybe not in those exact words but you get the idea. Sorry to hijack your post just wanted to add my observations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts