Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put a map together for my ride to Canada this summer. I can get distances/times from Google Maps but is there any way to also print a map that I can copy and then give to each rider? I want to make maps that are tank size I guess. Yes, I have the factory GPS but I really find it difficult to use. Like some of the others on this site I wish I had just bought an after market hand held unit. I can get one I guess.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
On the Google Maps page below the search bar there are 4 tabs. Get directions, My Places, A Printer Icon, & then finally an icon that looks like a chain link.

Click on the chain link and another window will open, that shows you can copy & paste the link. If you also look on the bottom of that window you will see..."Customize & preview embedded map". Click on that, another window will open, choose the size appropriate, zoom in or out to get it where you want. From there you should be able to hit ctrl P and that should print the map.

Let me know if this works.:wacko:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
What I'm finding out about the Navi, is it's more the control and buttons that hamper the system rather than (mostly) the info that's in it. There's a huge learning curve that is less than ideal (ok who am I kidding, it's a freaking pain) to get the hang of. That coupled with the way it automatically jumps ahead to stored info in the data base and cutting you off your search or programming is just really frustrating. It's really the identical system to my wife's car, but the controls in the car eliminate the "ah s**t" happenings on the bike. That and the 'one mispunch' thing that fubars the whole search issue is just plain annoying. I keep studying and re-studying the Navi manual and I'm getting better with it every time I use it, and it gets more functional as I do. It's never going to be as freindly as a 660 or anything, but there's lots there that is very good.
Good info from Bones on the Google maps too, I just discovered that about a year ago for sending my driver out on the road doing unit pickups at new or remote location dealerships.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.