Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new air filter for my 99' wing.What other filters should I replace at the same time? Previous owners didn't keep records to speak of.Just over 28k miles.Also,is changing timing belts a difficult job? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Do you have the owners manual that came with the bike? That will give you the maint schedule and what should be changed when. I don't believe the timing belts need to be changed until about 100k, but I would need to check my book for that. If you follow this link and go down to Maint section you will see a link for the Goldwing schedule. Hope this helps..

http://goldwingmotorcycles.net/Honda-Goldwing Links

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Change the fuel filter, and sub filter and cruise filter, the cruise and sub filters are foam and probably deteriorated after 11 years. If you don't know what the past owner did I would suggest you change all the fluids, anti-freeze, break and clutch and final drive fluid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This forum is great! Thanks Joe and Two wheel.I've got the air filter in,and working on the sub filter.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Pretty sure the belts are due at 80K or 8 years. It's pretty cheap piece of mind since it's your entire engine if one breaks. Check the maufacture date on the tyres too.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Wingthing
Don't overload the electrical on your 86 and if the plug with the 3 yellow wires begins to get hot, remove the plug ends and solder them together for a solid connection. Less resistance, no conections to get loose over time or mold growth.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well,I installed the new air filter,gas filter,sub air filter,cruise filter.The air filter was dirty.The others looked ok,but after tearing the bike apart I changed those also.The next challenge will be the timing belts,then the rest of the fluids.Any tips on the timing belts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts