Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I must have seen comments about Harmon's Goldwing maintenance videos at least a hundred times, but I always thought that at that price I would just use the manual. Well, used part of my social security check and bought the latest updated version. Twenty DVD's covering 'wings including the 2012. I am amazed....

I was expecting about 3 minutes on how to change front brake pads... Instead, I watched while he took the pads off, explaining every step in detail. He told what tools to use and why. He gave pointers on little things that he has learned and I find they are truly useful. He shows how the anti-dive valve works, and how to actually remove the calipers. Then, he even took the caliper in half and showed how the pistons work, how the anti-rattle spring is mounted, and how to clean the pads and pistons. All from various angles so you can see exactly what is going on.

I have watched the DVD on the 2012 and it just keeps getting better. The shop manual tells you to squeeze the connector to remove it, instead of telling you to squeeze the connector to remove it, he zooms in and shows you how and where to squeeze. Just amazing. All of the 20 DVD's are one great procedure after another. Like how to use a simple piece of 1x3 to raise the front of the bike to remove the front wheel. WOW

Guys, I know you need the manual to work on your 'wing, but you gotta have these DVD's also. Not only are they informative, but they are actually entertaining as well..... If I had known what an asset these were, I probably would have bought them before the shop manual, they are that good. And they come in a neat little holder, what more could you want???

And finally, no I am not related, work for, receiving anything from Harmon. I just wanted to repeat what others have said about how great these damn things really are.....:D

·
Premium Member
24,145 Posts
Pop. Did you get to the section where Fred is changing the clutch and break fluid ? On my set his Mighty Vac pump is malfunctioning but he perseveres. Come on Fred! Stop the show and buy a new Pump ! I don't think I have cracked my 80 lb. cinder block Service Manual open but a few times to look up something for someone on the forum. That's a shop manual that is more geared to a classroom training session. What's endearing about Fred is his dropped camera, broken equipment, should have done this before I did this..... etc. Just like the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
24,145 Posts
No, not yet... I started with the 2012 disks and then went to disk 1.... yeah, it's not some high paid mech reading from a manual, using special tools, he's just one of us.... I just don't understand how he can do these things with, usually, one hand while holding the camera in the other. I can't make it look as easy using my three hands..... well, two hands at least;)
Sometimes you just want to scream, " Fred ! Find someone to hold the camera for you ! ".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.