Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I recently bought a 1981 Goldwing. It looks pretty clean but I know nothing about it's history, It didn't come with a key so I pulled the ignition switch and took it to a locksmith and had a key made. After reinstallation I kept my fingers crossed when I turned the switch to the on position. No start, no crank, no starter relay click, no lights, no power whatsoever. When I checked the main 30a fuse it crumbled into several pieces. I thought I had found the problem but when I installed a new one I got the same result, nothing. I pulled the relays in order to better clean it and found another dogbone fuse, also bad, connecting the 2 large posts on top of the relay. I have seen nothing about 2, 30 amp fuses. associated with the starter relay. So, what's up? Has it been incorrectly installed there or should be replaced with a new on. I'd appreciate any thoughts not only on this but what other things could cause a no power issue. Oh the battery is brand new .and all the other fuses are good.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

Were you ever able to find the problem?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Sorry I missed your post as well. Welcome to the forum. Many owners of the older bikes say replacing the dog bone fuses with modern blade style fuses in a new fuse holder is a must do item.

Reactions: Eric
1 - 3 of 3 Posts