Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magie Valley

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  L2R 
#1 ·
Leaving this Thursday for Maggie Valley, and while I'm there going to slay the Dragon:) I'm looking forward to seeing how the wing handles in the turns. Been like a kid for the last week getting ready :D Will let you know how the trip went when I get back.

#3 ·
Bossdog while your in Maggie Valley check and see if Ghost Town in the sky is open. Was a great Admusement Park Years ago. Park was closed for awhile but heard it was reopened. Would be a great place to vacation with the family this year. Should be some great ridding there. Have fun & don't feed the Bears. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Check out the Wheels through Time museum while you are there. Very interesting place. Lots of old bikes (American, if you know what I mean). Ride safe and enjoy your trip. Don't forget to get your "dragon" sticker...

#9 ·
Take the time to ride Hwy 209 to Hot Springs, NC. Really twisty road, good views, and little traffic.

#10 ·
From my USA road atlas is that about a 600 mile return ride.It looks like a great place to visit.Lots of natural things to see.I would love to go there for a holiday.Look forward to some photos.Eric

#11 ·
Well I had a great time on my trip to Maggie Valley. Got rained on just once so thats not too bad. When to the museum, rode the dragon and got the sticker. Lost a little money gambling :( Over all a great time, the only mishap, was a friend of mine didn't make a curve and his wing did a five foot drop. Broke some ribs but at least he made it. I had to ride his bike thru a field to get it back on the road. He's a little sore but alive and that's what counts. I need to post some photos of the trip but have been busy since I got back. Thats the only problem with going on vacation, the work never stops.

#13 ·
Glad you had a safe and fun trip. Sorry about your friend. Hope he is okay. Put that "dragon sticker" on your windshield. Wear it proudly, it's like a notch in your gun... LOL... Ride safe.

#14 ·
Most of the damage to his bike was the plastic parts, the left side of his wing got messed up some when he went down at an angle on the hill with most of the damage to the trunk. What messed my friend up was the handle bar hit him on that sudden stop.

#15 ·
Boss,
I was glad to see this post. We live in NC but haven't made it to this side of Maggie Valley. We have stayed in Pigeon Forge several times and ride thru to Cherokee, it is a fantastic ride thru the national forest that way as well.

We have a campsite reserved for end of month. We plan on 1 day at Wings over the South. Was planning 1 day to white water raft. We will have to review this post to see what else we want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.