Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give everyone something to look forward to:

To celebrate Ralphumor - Steve Becker’s - retirement his wife, Angie, is setting up a Surprise for Steve of a Meet-n-Greet in Maggie Valley June 24 to 27, 2021. So, if you know Steve, don’t say a word. He may see it here, but he hasn't been on here much.

Angie set up a block of rooms at the Clarketon Motel, 1527 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC. Phone 828-926-1110. Please call and talk to Tammy. There are 14 rooms reserved under Goldwing Becker. There also an apartment if you have a group. There are 6 units with a queen bed at $69 per night. 5 units with 2 queens at $89 per night. 1 unit with a king bed at $79 per night. 1 unit with 2 queen beds plus kitchen at $99 per night. There also an apartment with a queen bed at $109 per night. 1 to 2 rooms with 3 queens plus kitchen at $109 per night. Most rooms have refrigerators and microwave. You can reserve with a credit card but to save a service fee, pay with cash on arrival. There are many other places to stay nearby if you don’t like the looks of the Clarketon.

A lot of us met at this same motel in 2015. It is an older place, dated, but clean. The owners were nice and welcoming the last time. It was in September and it rained a lot while we were there, but we still had a great time. Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum is just down the road. It’s just off the Blue Ridge Parkway and not that far to the Dragon, or the road to Hot Springs, NC, Hwy 209, which IMHO is just as good as the Dragon. Not to mention Owl Sh!t Road, or as most know it by; Hwy 215, up to the Blue Ridge Parkway which we did back then, in the rain, with freshly fallen leaves on the road. (Thus, the road name)

Here are some pictures from our last visit. Come join us!
2015 09 24 02 Clarketon.JPG 2015 09 26 05 Blue Ridge Parkway.JPG 2015 09 25 01A Wheels Through Time Pete, Mark, Lee, & Phil.jpeg 2015 09 25 19.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Only 13 rooms left. Be looking forward to seeing everyone.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
There are no King beds left (no, I did not get one), but our reservations are made. I am hoping that Peach will arrive (no pencils allowed).

Reactions: crownfire

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Well who took the king ? I took a queen bed.

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts
Would love to be there, but...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wish i liv'd cloe'rrrr.............. Coming in from Massachusetts , would be too far :sleep::sleep: ( I love get togethers)

Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish i liv'd cloe'rrrr.............. Coming in from Massachusetts , would be too far :sleep::sleep: ( I love get togethers)
Ronnie
Let me be the devil's voice from your left shoulder. "It's a 1000 miles, two days of nice riding to get there. Come on, it's a Goldwing, easy peasy!"

Reactions: NREMTP and Luv2fish

·
Registered
343 Posts
Let me be the devil's voice from your left shoulder. "It's a 1000 miles, two days of nice riding to get there. Come on, it's a Goldwing, easy peasy!"
Hmmmmmmm, Now, you have me "thinking" BUT I have to convince my boss, to let me have a few days off ....."honey" is it ok to go away for a few days??? {I promise I'll clean my room} lol

Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
9,815 Posts
Are Corvettes welcome??

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's only a couple hours away for us, I'll put it in the calendar and follow this thread, would be nice to put faces to names. Or whatever we say now that everything is virtual. Faces to usernames?

·
Super Moderator
28,681 Posts
Come on East. You can stay at my house for a rest and we will depart from here. It is only about two or three days from there to my house.
Number 1, still working.
2 if I take that kind of time off we are heading to Alaska since we need to ride there, which brings me to
3 we have been in the Maggie Valley area several times so time to hit new destinations.

But thanks so much for the invite.

:cool:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Number 1, still working.
2 if I take that kind of time off we are heading to Alaska since we need to ride there, which brings me to
3 we have been in the Maggie Valley area several times so time to hit new destinations.

If you decide to tour Alaska, I have to "warn" you.........................It's beautiful !!! Wife and I flew there, and rented a Harley, and tour Alaska a few years ago....It had to be my biggest deam come thru...... No we didn't ride from Massachusetts to Alaska, we flew there, and rented a bike...... (y) :p Flew in one day, and toured for the next week, and then returned bike, and flew home.. it was perfect, zero hassle.....................

Ronnie

·
Registered
343 Posts
We will ride from our home to there and back. We really enjoy the in between areas.

Sorry for the hijack
At the time I didn't have the ride too OR ride home vacation time, so fly / rent / explore / enjoy was all the time I had... so I made due, of the time that I did have, and had too say that the trip, was, indeed very enjoyable, as well as comfortable.... and I didn't have to put any miles (or repairs) on my own bike.......BUT I also agree with you, that I didn't get to chance to see any of "between areas" that I didn't even think of that you mentioned..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe another trip to be planned............. :love: :love: :love:

Ronnie

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
And now we know what the issue is with moving west.
Hey Bill. You and JaNICE are welcome to spend a night here if you like. But we are not exactly on your shortest path to the M&G.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
737 Posts
Number 1, still working.

The invite is open whenever you want to come east. Understand all three reasons. Highly recommend Alaska. Take your time on that one. To nice to hurry through.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I would love to get out that way again! We really enjoyed Banner Elk! I burned so much vacation time due to covid I dont have much left! Ill be looking forward to the pictures!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts