Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a glitch with my Arai Vector helmet and J&M (Honda) earpieces. The earpieces scrape my ears both putting the helmet on and taking it off. The also pinch my ears a bit when wearing the lid. I could trim some of the foam out of the ear region, but am reluctant to do it in case I screw it up and wreck a perfectly good brain bucket.:confused: Anybody ever done it? I never had this problem with my other GL with the Hondaline helmets and headsets.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have set them in foam in a number of helmets. Some helmets don't have room to put them in the ear pockets.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe. I guess I'll just have to go for it and do some trimming and hope for the best. I do have a pretty decent set of exacto knives.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Vector helmet but if the earpiece is rubbing against your ear and they are seated in as far as they can go, then I don't see any other way around your problem other than to cut out an area for them. Good luck.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I've pretty much resigned myself to that fact. As long as I'm super careful there shouldn't be any issue other than my stomach problem (no guts):D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts