Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -

I've been an avid motorcyclist for some 40 years, but have never owned a GW -- still don't at the moment, but am exploring that option.

Getting a little long in the tooth and being buffeted by winds and noise is kicking my butt anymore. Looking for a little (or a lot!) more comfort while riding.

I'll be lurking and learning.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I still enjoy riding naked bikes but long distance the protection offered by a wing is very nice thankyou very much. Eric

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , my other bike is a yamaha v-star 2 years old , since I got my goldwing I haven't even started the v-star , that's how much I love my goldwing , best thing I ever did was buy mine

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum Eupher...You will never regret a Wing. Even if you have to get a Trike...You will never regret it.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Eupher. Enjoy the place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, Larry. I had seen this post elsewhere and I'm pleased to say that there is a well-organized chapter in my area -- well, at least their web site is well organized. I'm hopeful we can connect at some point after getting a GW.

Thanks to all of you for your welcome.

For the record, I ride a 2003 Honda 919. There aren't too many of these out and about and I love the bike, but it's just not built for a lot of comfort.

Back to lurk mode......

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Can't beat a Wing for comfort.

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
I had a VTX1300 for three years and I complained about the same issues that you stated. After 200 miles of riding I was limping to the front door. Now my miles are only limited by my time.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello eupher, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. I've learned some of my best lessons while lerking....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts