Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my '94 1500 used and I'm looking to get a luggage rack for it. The bike had one at one time as there are star washers covering up the holes. Can anyone tell me if these racks are universal mount as far as the hole locations? I don't want to re-drill, or elongate them. I'm looking at purchasing a Kuryakyn, or Show Chrome rack. Thanks....Jim

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Not really, the foot print on some of the luggage racks I looked at were different. You would have to measure the present hole spacing and try to find one close enough or the salvage yards and you may get lucky.
I was faced with the dilemma when mine started to look shabby and I was searching for a replacement and I powder coated the present one.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
the best thing to do would be to take the wing to a shop near you that sells racks so they can match a rack with the holes. make sure they have some in stock

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
To narrow down your search a bit, if your bike has a spoiler on it, it wouldn't be a Hondaline rack, they don't fit with a spoiler.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a used one for sale, all measurements are hole center to hole center. Two holes closest the passenger 13", to holes in back 12.5" and front to back hole distance 8.5"

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
I have a used one for sale, all measurements are hole center to hole center. Two holes closest the passenger 13", to holes in back 12.5" and front to back hole distance 8.5"
That's the one I had on my 1500..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Mine measures 13.5" passenger across, 11.5" on back across, and 8.5" front to back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts