Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking in bike shops for a good size of luggage that will fit on the back seat. I have seen one on Wing Stuff but I also have the Utopia backrest so it looks like it will be too big. So, can fellow riders share what they use for a passenger seat luggage?
Thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have the large Nelson Rigg from Wingstuff and it works with the Utopia. It will 'pinch' slightly behind the Utopia but just makes for a snug fit. I like that the bag also becomes a backpack for easy carry after the ride. Haven't gone on a long ride yet as the wife always seems to fill the seat!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Used a simple "carry on bag" bought at thrift store for $2. Can stand it up or lay it down between arm rests. Works good.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Yes i'ts called my wife my back seat is always filled.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a carry on bag for my trip to Wing Ding and found it not very convenient covering it in a plastic bag each time it rained. I saw the Nelson Rigg but wondered if it would hinder the Utopia from moving back a little when needing to stretch on a long trip. Something in between would be good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
back pack

I bought a back pack that is also a cooler so it is lined and water proof. I use the straps as tied downs and it can be carried if nessary when stopped. Best of all it was 20$.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I use a trunk rack bag, strap it down with a bungee cord and it works great and is water proof. Kind of hard to see in this picture because it was taken early in the morning

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
T-Bags also makes some that might work, lots of people on cruisers use them either behind the sissy bar or on the passenger seat. Not sure of $$ anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Used a simple "carry on bag" bought at thrift store for $2. Can stand it up or lay it down between arm rests. Works good.

that is pretty fancy , i just got same bag for my trip this weekend

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am waiting for the delivery of my trunk rack bag and will see how it fits on the seat too. This could be the solution. The bags cruisers use, at least those sold in the shops here, are a little too big. I just sold my wonderful Kuryakin bag that was perfect for my Nomad but doesn't fit in the seat area.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I am waiting for the delivery of my trunk rack bag and will see how it fits on the seat too. This could be the solution. The bags cruisers use, at least those sold in the shops here, are a little too big. I just sold my wonderful Kuryakin bag that was perfect for my Nomad but doesn't fit in the seat area.

i use these bags this weekend and the trunk bag fit perfect on the back seat

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I used a carry on bag for my trip to Wing Ding and found it not very convenient covering it in a plastic bag each time it rained. I saw the Nelson Rigg but wondered if it would hinder the Utopia from moving back a little when needing to stretch on a long trip. Something in between would be good.
The simple solution to the rain thing is that I put everything inside in a plastic bag. Then I don't care if it rains or not. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
My passenger seat is reserved for my Sleep Apnea Machine when I'm on long trips. I use the Wing rain cover to wrap it in, in case it rains. I hate wet clothes so I pack all my clothes in dry-sacs and put them in my saddle bag luggage. On long day trips, my Wing cooler is on the passenger seat; filled with water, juice and ice. Bungi cords and just about any waterproof bag will fit on the rear seat. My biggest problem is carring an extra pair of size 14 boots and sneakers. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts