Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. First off I have to admit that I am getting a little older. I have rode Harleys with forward foot pegs for years. I now have a fine old Gold Wing (86) and find my legs feel like my knees are in my ears! Now my question to you people is this. Is there any way to lower the pegs so I don't feel so cramped? I am fairly tall but not the tallest rider to ever throw a leg over a Wing. I'm probably the only rider in the world that is uncomfortable on a Wing. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
you could install some floorboards and highwayboards

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome shoottistt,no,you're not the only one. I finally got my pegs installed on my 1500SE,NOW i am comfortable. Lots of options out there,check out Wingstuff,Chromeworld,or maybe J&P Cycles,also,Goldwing Country has lots of other choices too.There is definately something out there that will make your Wing what you want it to be.Good Luck. Ride often and Safe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good luck, Shoottistt, and thanks for the post. I just finished my 5th ride on my new (to me) 2002 and I have felt as if I am chewing on my kneecaps. I don't have long legs. I didn't want to seem ungrateful because I keep hearing about how wonderfully comfortable I am suppose to be. Fact is , I have not felt comfortable and I will be exploring some of these options. BTW welcome.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Shoottistt, Intruder, you guys might want to checkout this link. These highway pegs are a little different but do get some rave reviews.

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

You can & have to get yourself comfortable to put the many miles on that you deserve.:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Shoottistt -- I'm hoping you get an answer that applies to the 1200s as I would also be very interested. I've seen several solutions for the 1800s and even 1500s, but have yet to find anything readily available for the 1200s.

If anyone has a solution for the 1200s, there are at least two of us who would appreciate the help. I'd sure like for my legs to not feel like chicken wings.

Hoss

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay. First off I have to admit that I am getting a little older. I have rode Harleys with forward foot pegs for years. I now have a fine old Gold Wing (86) and find my legs feel like my knees are in my ears! Now my question to you people is this. Is there any way to lower the pegs so I don't feel so cramped? I am fairly tall but not the tallest rider to ever throw a leg over a Wing. I'm probably the only rider in the world that is uncomfortable on a Wing. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
You are not the only rider uncomfortable on a wing.
My problem is exactly the opposite... My legs are too short!
Not for the foot-pegs, but reaching the ground at a stop sign is a real PITA for me. I hate being on my toes at a light and having to balance all that weight. I am happier when I can get my feet flat on the ground on each side. A lot more steadier and comfortable stance for me.

You might consider after market floor boards for your ride. They mount in the same place as the pegs, but at the rear of the floorboard and not in the center, plus a lot of them are spaced out so your feet are out past your heads instead of behind them. Gives you more shuffle room. Plus a set of foot pads mounted on your crash/engine guards should do you well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's nice to know that I am not the only one with Long Leg Syndrome. The floor board idea sounds good but four hundred bucks is not in the cards this week. I am working on setting the seat back. The trunk will have to be set back as well. Sitting on the mocked up bike, I think this will work. I'll let you know as I work out the engineering of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts