Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have search and read all the threads I could find on lens protectors for my lower cowl (fog lights). There are a few out there and Pros/Cons for them all. I made my own and wanted to see if anyone else had done the samething, if so, how did they work. I had ordered the lower chrome covers from Wingstuff already, so I took and mounted a 3 1/8" round piece of plexiglass to the inside using clear silicone. I used velcro to secure them to the lower cowling. That way I can remove them for cleaning or to replace one of the lens protectors after taking a rock. Definately more expensive route to go, but I was going to install the chrome covers anyway. Again, just curious if anyone else has done this and if they worked. See attached photos Automotive lighting Headlamp Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior

Auto part Table Gas Metal

Gas

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Nice idea and well executed. I have " Electrical Connection " Amber LED Driving light. I left the protective packing film on them. When that becomes weathered I'll remove it and start all over with a fresh clear lens.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I put the Hondaline lense protectors on when I did the install on the LED's, similar to what you have done, I just don't have that much imagination to fabricate myself:rolleyes:
http://wingstuff.com/products/4007-...rs?context=gold_wing_gl1800-lights_electrical
I'm really please with them so far, easy to clean and weren't tough to install. Not sure that they'd offer enough protection to stop a rock flung from a log or gravel truck, but should stop most everything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.