Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have search and read all the threads I could find on lens protectors for my lower cowl (fog lights). There are a few out there and Pros/Cons for them all. I made my own and wanted to see if anyone else had done the samething, if so, how did they work. I had ordered the lower chrome covers from Wingstuff already, so I took and mounted a 3 1/8" round piece of plexiglass to the inside using clear silicone. I used velcro to secure them to the lower cowling. That way I can remove them for cleaning or to replace one of the lens protectors after taking a rock. Definately more expensive route to go, but I was going to install the chrome covers anyway. Again, just curious if anyone else has done this and if they worked. See attached photos Wing_1.jpg

Wing_3.jpg

Wing_4.jpg

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
Nice idea and well executed. I have " Electrical Connection " Amber LED Driving light. I left the protective packing film on them. When that becomes weathered I'll remove it and start all over with a fresh clear lens.

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
I put the Hondaline lense protectors on when I did the install on the LED's, similar to what you have done, I just don't have that much imagination to fabricate myself:rolleyes:
http://wingstuff.com/products/4007-...rs?context=gold_wing_gl1800-lights_electrical
I'm really please with them so far, easy to clean and weren't tough to install. Not sure that they'd offer enough protection to stop a rock flung from a log or gravel truck, but should stop most everything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts