Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rock thrown from oncoming vehicle hit my trim. Broke it close to the top, 3/4" piece broke off. Going to replace.

Now, has anyone replace with chrome trim ? Found some and thinking was it also plastic or metal. Comes with Chorme buttons. Is this a quality item?

http://thewingstore.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=628

Found some OEM trim, but will have to paint it color of the wing.

What is your idea on this.

Thanks,
two guns >>>>

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Not sure about the quality but it looks ok in the picture. You'd need both sides of course:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Like all the tupperware on the wings they are plastic. Never had to replace mine, so I can't speak to the quality. But it you think about it.... Plastic is plastic.. Good luck..

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
What color do you need ?? I think I still have my red ones.
I got them on my wing and have seen them on a couple other wing, If these are the narrow ones for what ever reason the tabs that go into fair edge are not long enough and the to edge does not lay flat next to where it meet the edge trim. I stick out about an 1/8 inch, Not real bad but noticeable

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What color do you need ?? I think I still have my red ones.
I got them on my wing and have seen them on a couple other wing, If these are the narrow ones for what ever reason the tabs that go into fair edge are not long enough and the to edge does not lay flat next to where it meet the edge trim. I stick out about an 1/8 inch, Not real bad but noticeable
My wing is white.
Do you want to part with the ones you have ?
Your talking about the chrome ones sticking out 1/8 inch, or the red ones?

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
My wing is white.
Do you want to part with the ones you have ?
Your talking about the chrome ones sticking out 1/8 inch, or the red ones?
I'll check the shop and see if there still there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.