Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a used wing.I test drove a 1200 yesterday that ran good and the price was right,but on low speed turns,such as U turns on a 4 lane,it wobbled a bit in the front end.It had some other issues that turned me off so i passed.It had a new tire on the front.Would that be bearings,bent wheel,or what?Just curious since i did pass on the scooter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The first item to check would be tire balance. I have the same problem on my gl1800, just haven't had it checked yet. Since the front tire is new. I suspect it was not balanced when installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
what is the easiest way to check the front wheel bearings and steering bearings without taking them down to do a visual ? Today I noticed when I turned out a little hard into traffic some thing didn't feel right and when I release on the handle bars it pulls slightly to the left. During braking it is fine.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I am looking for a used wing.I test drove a 1200 yesterday that ran good and the price was right,but on low speed turns,such as U turns on a 4 lane,it wobbled a bit in the front end.It had some other issues that turned me off so i passed.It had a new tire on the front.Would that be bearings,bent wheel,or what?Just curious since i did pass on the scooter.
If it's a 1200 you are looking for, I had a set of Progressive fork springs and a Superbrace fork brace on mine. That cured everything from low speed head shake to tyre cupping to high speed wobbles. I put over 160,000 miles on that puppy and no problems (other than the stators) at all. It's probably still going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts