Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 1500 and it has a low speed hesitation/surge at low speeds especially in 1st gear and wanted to know if anybody did the honda service bulletin update with a new ICU and Carb Control unit and the carb kit with the #55 slow jets. did it fix this problem? If not what have you done to correct it? Thanks, need help before I dig into the engine.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Hello,
Want to ask you a few questions.
How long has the bike been sitting before you bought it?
When was the fuel filter changed last?
What is the height of the float in the float bowl?
I have some service bulletins that pertain to the 1988 GL1500, that discuss carbs and vacuum lines, just can down load them here.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't know if it comes with instructions but it just replaces the stock wheel on the bike. Since your into it you should change the timing belts at that time also. When we did our early 1500's we just used the old wheel and filed it down a little so we could advance the timing. But thats been a long time ago and I couldn't tell you how much we took off but it wasn't much. Buying the new one is worth the money. There will be instructions in the book you ordered to change the timing belts and when you get that far you can see the trigger wheel.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...ry=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=1989&fveh=3453

·
Registered
470 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts