Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took two rides in the mountains with our 1800. once through Banff to Jasper Alberta and once through Waterton Glacier park in Montana. Iwas very impressed with the low end torque of this engine. Two up touring with slow turns and steep hills this thing is like it has an automatic trans, just put it in high in leave it there till you have to stop. Plus it is so quiet compaired to other brands.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
its almost like having an electric motor, all the torque all the time

·
Registered
306 Posts
My last bike was a 1996 VT1100c with a 4 speed, I hesitated to go with the 5 speed because I thought I would be shifting more. 35MPH in 5th... can any other bike do that?

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
yep, my 1500 wing :)

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
At the meeting last week, one of my Honda reps had some stats on the Wing's motor. Makes 90 lb feet of torque at 1800 rpm! Take that Milwaukee!;) (big giggle)

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
At the meeting last week, one of my Honda reps had some stats on the Wing's motor. Makes 90 lb feet of torque at 1800 rpm! Take that Milwaukee!;) (big giggle)
i was reading a magazine last month. it had a road test of one of the new harleys with the 103 inch motors and it didn't produce as much hp or tq as my 1500 wing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.