Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i hope someone can help me fix this problem....:confused:
I have got a serieus problem, my stationary rpm is to low, and when i stop driving, the engine almost fals out, the stationairy rpm goes up and down, all the time...
i went to different dealers in Belgium, and nowbody nows the answer to fix it.
My bike is a 2006 gl 1800, whit navigation and comfort package, so yo now what i drive..., its a realy American, whit a Hannigan GT side car....
Is there anyone who have got the same problem, and now any answer to fix it..
I tested the dynamo...., its ok, battery...., its ok, the only thing i have tested today, is when i pull out the fuse from the cruise control, the stationary rpm goes about 100 rpm higher, en the up and down going stationary rpm is almost gone, so ok...

Please sombody help me.:confused::confused::confused:
Thankx
Stefan

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Stefan, I'm not a mechanic, but there could be issues with your fuel management system and/or the cruise sensor(s). If you don't have access to a service manual, send me a PM and I'll try and get you the necessary pages via e-mail. There's alot of sensor/connector troubleshoot stuff in the manual to check.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe I am being dumb here, but if the idle is too low, why not just increase it using the idle adjustement screw? I don't know why the idle speed should vary (Out of balance carbs perhaps) but raising the idle speed should be trivial.

Gary

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Budoka,
Thanks for the info, but i have got an manual, and i cant find any troubleshooting about it.......

Thrasherg, i can not increase the idle, the dealer told me that the 1800 model does not have an idle adjustement screw, it is managed bij the ECM, if i could adjust, i could fix the problem maybe myself.......
lets hear your meaning about this....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Try resetting the ECM, from a cold motor, start the bike up without touching the throttle, let it run until the fans kick on, turn the bike off and restart it. DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Good call Joe, never thought of the reset. Hope you had a great time on your trip! (like you wouldn't have LOL)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Just got back from the Honda dealer, he did a reset off the ECM, averything ok stationairy....:), he shut off the engine by contact, start the bike again, and it is back, the idle is goin up and down....:mad::mad::mad:

I am getting pissed....:confused::confused::confused:

It is not the fuse from cruise control, there this is also the fuse from the dynamo, when i pull these out, dynamo stops loading or charging battery, so it is normal, when i pull out the fuse from cruise control that the idle goes up, i must look someware else tho find the problem....
eny suggestions..., thanks..., kind regards..., please..., help, ......;)

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
If the reset didn't help, I'd check all the relays and connectors to do with the fuel management, the cruise control, and anything else ECM and fuel related in section 6 of the manual. Have you checked the pressure in the fuel pump/injection system?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Budoka,

no, we did not checked this yet, but end next week, i wil go back to the Honda Dealer, strip the bike, and control all of the wiring, en sensors, piece by piece, we are gonna take a look if all the wires are connected, and if there is now corrosion on the plugs from the wires.....
I am not coming any step closer to finisch the unreglar idle.....:confused: best tho check them all piece by piece:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guy"s, today we have stripped the bike........

we have changed the compleet throtle body, and al the sensors, inclusive tp sensor, baro sensor, air sensor, so all the sensors you can find on this throttle body, and around the air housing.....from a same IS bike, and same model year 2006....

it"s still the same.....:mad: the idle keeps hunting for the correct idle.....:confused::confused::confused:

Whe have changed the ECM whit a other ECM, same us bike, same model year, and the hunting is almost gone, BUT.... we get an FI code, its the code from the left lamda sensor (FA) under in the exaust pipe, following the book from Honda, this range must be in 0.86 to 1.1, but when we do the "ohm" test, we get a measurement of 1.3 on the left, and if we tested the right lamda sensor, its 1.4 ohm...., i dont now if this is to bad, to give the bike a bad idle.....anyone eny answer???

Than i have a question, iff whe pull out the connector from the left and right lamda sensor, the idle does not go up, or does not go down, and the engine stil iss normaly running, is this normal?????

please HELP !!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mistake in previus posting...:mad::mad:

The resistant off the Ohm must be 0.86 to 1.1 by the manual, in my previus posting i say it was between 8.6 and 1.1, this is wrong, sorry....

I notised that the bike runs good whit the new ECM, but i get the FI code from the left FA or O2 sensor, the resistant is 1.3 Ohm, when i check the resistant from the right FA or O2 sensor, the resistance is 1.4 Ohm...

Is it possible that the two sensors are broke at the same time? or does anyone have any explanation for this problem...????

pleas guy"s, help needed......:confused::confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 93 1500 Aspy and it did idle up and down and sometimes it would idle so low that it died. I checked the carbs and spark etc... and i did find some brown dirt in fuel filter. I cleaned it and it run fine for that day then same irractic idle again the next morning. I pulled tank top off and found about of cup of some kind of gel stuff in it. It was clear and some may call it water floating in the gas but it was like jello floating around in the gas. It was not mixing with the gas. I don't know what it is, but I cleaned it out and 2 weeks to this day it runs and idles perfect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi ,
Does enyone now what is the difference between following numbers on the ECM...,,

38770-MCA-A63
8536-118275

OR !!

38770-MCA-A73
8535-110412

I have replaced my A73 ECM with the A63 ECM
the hunting idle stopped by changing the ECM, but, i have a FI for the O2 sensors, could it be that the A63 is for a Canadian or Californian Goldwing bike? and have trouble whit different O2 sensors, that he does not recognize ??

Please anyone.................help.....!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts