Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this time of year for the cool riding and colours out there. Can't stand this time of year because winter is on it's way. On the way to work in the cage this morning, frost on the shield and 3 deg. celcius 37 F.

:(

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
spring may lack colors until the there is folage but its my favorite time of year cause the bugs haven't taken over yet

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Yeah have to agree with BR. Frost on the Duramax windshield this am.:(

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
there is frost on some of the tintops at work but the trees hold heat down so i had none

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
FROST on what come on April

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
My brithday is OCT 31 so I love the fall of the year as well as
trick or treat . I can remember as a kid hunting for my birtday dinner with dad on grand folks farm in Hanover Pa. light dusting of snow at times the Irish setter we had pointing a covey of quail or a phesant . The life then was simple and fresh and as I see the colors of fall I return to those great memories of Dad. Sadly he passed July 29 2012 at 94 so Fall and those memories mean even more to me now.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
This is my first Wing and only had it about a month and it's already getting cold. Winter is gonna be tough for this guy!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I love this time of year for the cool riding and colours out there. Can't stand this time of year because winter is on it's way. On the way to work in the cage this morning, frost on the shield and 3 deg. celcius 37 F.

I had to scrape for the 1st time this year on Thursday, sigh. Friday it was frosted up again but it wasn't supposed to rain so I took the Wing since it was in the garage.
The heated seat is sure nice at -3C (27F).

I can't say I care too much for fall. The colours really don't do much for me - rather have green leaves on the trees where I don't have to rake them up :D. I do admit though that the lack of bugs is sure nice.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
This is the nicest October I can remember. It's over 80 days and no rain in the Northwest corner. Been down into the low 40ty's in the mornings lately at the house. Wore a short sleeve shirt picking up the leaves this afternoon.
Very unusual.

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Been married 30 some years so I just roll with the seasons.
Wisdom, out of the mouth of babes.....but I do like the fall. It actually starts to cool off down here in the heart of the sweat belt. I miss the white stuff that I grew up with but we get to ride year round down here. I've been blessed with 26 some years as she keeps me down here.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turn on the heated seat & grips, don the riding suit and on I go.
Only park it if the roads are slick!

The only thing that takes me off the road for the season is the salt. I try to time it just right before I put it away a few miles away from the house.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
42 Posts

there is no color change here and for us "fall" is months away, today it was 89 degrees you get soaking wet from sweat before you get out of the driveway, it seems like the summer just will not let up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I understand you guys have to make the best of the season you have. About 90 today but will cool down some in a couple. Still get to ride all year. Been riding since 1961, but only had the wife around since 1970. Gotton used to her though.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
I feel so sorry :D for you guys. I will struggle over here with 65f and a couple of clouds.:p Eric

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's one thing to love about North Carolina. Take your pick, pretty much. We're at the southern coast and upper 20's is about as bad as it gets at night. Four or five hours and you're at the foot of the Smokies.
No real weather extremes. I'll take it. :cool: d:^)

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
I understand you guys have to make the best of the season you have. About 90 today but will cool down some in a couple. Still get to ride all year. Been riding since 1961, but only had the wife around since 1970. Gotton used to her though.
Yeah, but it's a dry heat.........:rolleyes:

LOL

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Been frosty around here quite a few times ove the last couple weeks. Was on the (barely) plus side this morning but there's flurries forecast. No serious snow just a bummer as it heralds the end of riding and I didn't get my ride fix this weekend. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.