Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I put Cobra's on my 1986 Kawasaki Voyager 1200 and they sounded pretty good. Don't know if they make them for the Honda.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
If you do a google search on GL1200 exhaust, there are a few used systems out there, but mostly original equipment. There is a UK based company called Motad that makes a stainless system but not sure about pricing shipping etc.

·
Registered
835 Posts
glider, you'll never have to worry about your Wing being as loud as a Harley, even if your pipes fell off :eek: IMHO various pipes will make your Wing sound more like a Porsche than a Harley. Just ain't got it in it.
Strat

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exhaust

my pipes rotted off the end about an inch from the big part. i cut em off w/ a saws-all so i had enough room to put on some 8" extension down tubes i got from a guy who stripped his bike .Free always works for me.....the right muffler had the back baffle rusted badly, so i cut off the left pipe drilled holes in the baffle to match the right muffler and it don't sound to bad. they make a set of "Mac's" which i can get from a local for $450.00. one of the Cobra's style sound really but i will wait tell i can afford an 1800 before i drop 5 big ones on pipes...JC Whitney has some but i wonder of the quality of chrome. after riding Harley's all these years i need to hear my bike louder just to see if its run-in...lol i personally still like the fishtail look with lots of noise but not ear-drum bust-in Harley strait-pipe loud.
LB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts