Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got some j and m headsets in the mail and got them installed in my helmets...

Having the intercom is really cool but there is so much road noise, that the IC Shuts down the stereo More often than not...

When you turn it up listen to it It is invariably hits a quiet spot on the road And wants to blast our ear drums out...

I have a 3/4 helmet with just a brow visor while my bride uses the same helmet with a full face shield. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the wind and road noise?

We have only ridden together once and I told her to tap me on the shoulder if she wanted to talk. I would then turn the IC back on...

Not ideal but I'll have to do it I guess...

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
A couple of things might help dave. 1. Try to adjust the intercom volume....2. Put some type of latex over the microphone area. I used part of a latex glove. That worked for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
J&M sells a controller for the passenger that has a switch to shut off the passenger mic. as well as a volume control and a PTT button. Works for me because most of the wind noise seems to come from the passenger unless you have high cross winds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have to shut the IC off completely to get good music...

i have the wind socks on the mics. i got some nitrile gloves. ill try putting some of it across the mic (under the foam)...

might have look into the passenger cords/parts but my wife has a full faceshield on her helmet so that should be blocking out the wind on it unless its swirling up underneath the shield...

thanks

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
There is an A Mic mute system. That shuts off both mic's with a tap of the C/B Tx switch
Tap it again and it opens both mic's again. You can get the controls for both the rider and passenger. Have them on my 93 and they really help with the road and wind noise.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There is also a sensitivity setting on the intercom, if that is to high the radio will cut out real easy, adjust that and the intercom volume and you should be O.K. Do you have windsocks on your mics? Also put a bandage over the mic then slip the windsock on it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Agree with joe, check the mute level, proper adjustment will prevent the mics from opening to wind noise, adjusted enough, you may have to make extra effort for the mics to open to voice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
J&M sells a controller for the passenger that has a switch to shut off the passenger mic. as well as a volume control and a PTT button. Works for me because most of the wind noise seems to come from the passenger unless you have high cross winds.
+1 I have the same thing, and it works great. If the S.O. has something to say, she'll just push the button and talk. After that, the wind and road noise stops. I've also slipped on the foam mic covers that came with the headsets, and that helps keep the wind noise down or eliminates it all together.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive got the foam windsocks covering the mics already...

I have a ride planned for this saturday so I will have my wife unplug her headset to see if it is her mid picking up the noise...

If that is the case I will order the j and m cordset...

Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't forget your own mic, it can pic up and amplify as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
IC noise

Have the same trouble over about 60 MPH. Adjustment helped some. Gonna try giving it the rubber glove finger :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
No glove, no love

1 - 12 of 12 Posts