Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i need a 3 yellow wire fix the this problem, The connecter near the batery that attaches to the stater is over heating as they all do on a 85 goldwing 1200 aspencade. How do I correct this, I am not sure where I soder the wires and so on. I can take direction well if someone can tell me the details.
Thanks From South Carolina

·
Super Moderator
7,613 Posts
well, where the yellow wires join in the plastic plug, you need to remove the wires from the plug, remove the metal connectors, strip the wires, slide shrink tubing over either the top or bottom wire, twist the wires together making a single long strand, prep with flux, use electronic solder with a rosin core, I take the solder and wrap it around the wire joint and heat with the soldering iron, let it cool and test the joint to make sure it doesn't come apart, slide the shrink tube over and heat to seal. Repeat on the other two wires.

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts
Ask and you shall recieve... Good job Val..

·
Banned
2,936 Posts
well, where the yellow wires join in the plastic plug, you need to remove the wires from the plug, remove the metal connectors, strip the wires, slide shrink tubing over either the top or bottom wire, twist the wires together making a single long strand, prep with flux, use electronic solder with a rosin core, I take the solder and wrap it around the wire joint and heat with the soldering iron, let it cool and test the joint to make sure it doesn't come apart, slide the shrink tube over and heat to seal. Repeat on the other two wires.

:)

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Trike Lady is a woman of few words, but they're always worth reading.

Just did the stator harness recently, no sweat and good for peace of mind for us older Wings riders, I mean riders of older Wings!

·
Premium Member
24,524 Posts
Been so long since I did stators on a 1200 I don't really remember so I can't add to lrike lady's info. Not sure about that plug-in either.:(

·
Super Moderator
12,301 Posts
Brucep, can you post a picture of the item you are referring to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.