Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It went down kind of hard. I have an independant that puts tires on for $42.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I think if I had an 1800 I would give that a try. I would have a helper with me on stand by the first time I did it though.....LOL.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
I was assisted my first time by an experienced rider. Now I'm on my own. I would pay $42 to have done as long as I could ride it there.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
"If you have a GoldWing and can change a tire on a car or truck, it should be easy."

What a load of ****. He should have stated an 1800 GoldWing!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
This is a big major difference over the 1500. I would do this on my bike in a heart beat, if I could. But, since I ride a car tire that gets 30,000 miles, I only have to have a new tire put on every 3 years or so. 16,000 miles on it.... 15,000 to go.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The rear tire on a 1800 Gold wing is easy to change even if you don't lay it on it's side. put the bike on the center stand, take off the back panel (where the license plate) take the lug nuts off and roll the wheel out the back, not a big deal. But laying it on it's side is the way most do it yourselfers do it now it they don't have a lift.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
"If you have a GoldWing and can change a tire on a car or truck, it should be easy."

What a load of ****. He should have stated an 1800 GoldWing!
I denote a little bit of dis concern in your tone. I feel the same way.... once they move to an 1800, they think all the other Wing Riders are saving their pennies to buy an 1800.

They are right as far as I am concerned. I have to wear out this one first... it only has 45,500 on the clock so I got plenty of time to save my pennies. I am gonna buy a brand spanking used 2012 in 2022.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... my bikes are my babies ... I hate scratches .. things that dont work.. persistent manufacturer faults.

They get the bulk of "my time" I just dont think I can/could intentionally push it over !! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
I like how you think Larry I did just that with 2 85s and 1 86 1200A and picked up my 06 in 2011. loved my 1200s but dam the 1800 is sooooo nice.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
... my bikes are my babies ... I hate scratches .. things that dont work.. persistent manufacturer faults.

They get the bulk of "my time" I just dont think I can/could intentionally push it over !! :eek::eek:
You can lay an 1800 wing on it's side without any damage, the crash bars keep everything off the ground, a buddy hit sand in a corner on his 06 1800, lost it, went down and off the bike, they both slid and when we picked up the bike there was no harm done to it at all. Now if you lay your bike down to take off the wheel you put a mat or a rag under the crash bar, no harm done.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Be my luck I'd probably lay it over on the wrong side....:eek:

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Did this method of changing rear tire. Lay down some old rugs where the crash bars will rest, nothing to it.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Did this method of changing rear tire. Lay down some old rugs where the crash bars will rest, nothing to it.
Have you done the " remove the tail section " way ? I would imagine the tip over ( the only one I have done so far ) method is promoted for a reason.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Rear wheel change is one of the easier things to do on an 1800. Laying it over or on a bench it's still pretty straight forward.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts