Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am John Bisnette I have found a 1983 Goldwing GL 1100 interstate it has 90,000 miles the owner wants 1900.00 for the bike is it a good buy?
I have always wanted a Goldwing since 1981 when I saw my first wing, I will be 50 in December and I think it is time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I am right behind you at 48 and just got my first wing. Last time I rode a bike was in 81 or so. It was a wing, not sure on the model.
Do a little research on this site......
www.goldwingfacts.com
I would recommend the 1500 from what I have read.

I purchased a 1990 Aspencade loaded with 55,000 miles for $5900 6 days ago.
Go with at least a 1988.

Have fun.... I sure am!!!!!1

·
Registered
683 Posts
... HOWDY ... ASK THE OWNER FOR ANY INFORMATION ABOUT - SERVICE AND ANY REPAIRS ... FIND OUT IF THE BELTS HAVE BEEN CHANGED AND FLUIDS ect. ... I THINK THE PRICE IS A LITTLE HIGH FOR 90k. HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 1982 Interstate for $950 that isn't charging the battery. Most of the running wings around here in St. louis at about that age were goin for $2500, but they are still for sale too. I don't think $1900 is a steal, but I don't think it is too high either. I think it dependfs a lot on what the condition of the finish is an dstuff like that. Parts they wear can always be replaced.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My brother has an '83 1100. My wife and I spent a week on it couple of years ago touring the mountains of New Hampshire. The exterior shows it's age in fading but the seat is still in good shape. I expect a good detail job would do it wonders. He keeps it mechanically in good shape. I would pay $1900 for that one.

·
Super Moderator
9,868 Posts
Welcome to the board. What took you so long to decide to get a Wing. Go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts