Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy an older wing, mid 80's perhaps (because of price range) after tax return season.So i am trying to do some home work.

A few questions ......

Is there any year or model i should stay away from???

Is there any quirks, or miss-givings i should look for with a certain year or model???

I am familiar with working on motorcycles ....

any an all help would be GREATLY appreciated !!!:D

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
GL1200's had stator problems, make sure the stator has been replaced, or you will end up doing it and it requires removal of the motor, Early 80's had carb slide problems, I would look around 84 up if it were me looking. Other than that, they were good bikes. But for not to much more you can probably find a nice low mileage early GL1500 GoldWing.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Moe didn't read this post until after I posted to new members. Two Wheel is correct that website will explain a lot.

Joe also is giving you good info. Look around & as I said before My brother has one going on market. We are down the road abot 50 minutes. Let me know if you are interested. At least that's one that is close to you.

Good luck in search.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... HOWDY ... AS JOE MENTIONED ABOUT THE STATOR ON THE ON THE 1200's ... ON THE 84 1200 REQUIRES YOU REMOVE AND SPLIT THE ENGINE TO DO ANY STARTER WORK ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts