Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Bushtec trailer and the tires on it have great tread, But the sidewalls are very badly weather cracked and I want to replace the tires. I have been to bushtecs site and they have non directional Kendra Tires 3.00 X 16 6 ply for 69.00, which i would pay. But they want 71.00 to ship two of these skinny no weight tires to OKla, and I am not going to pay that much for shipping tires.

Any idea where I can find tires this size with better shipping prices? $71.00 and change for shipping two tires seems outragous.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
They got you by the Gonads with the shipping & handling costs.....I bought a $10 manual from Helm & it cost $16.00 for shipping & handling, for a total of $26.00!!!

It cost them $1.77 in postage to mail it!:tosser:

I wrote them a little letter.....did no good. :Tongue2:

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
But they want 71.00 to ship two of these skinny no weight tires to OKla, and I am not going to pay that much for shipping tires.

Any idea where I can find tires this size with better shipping prices? $71.00 and change for shipping two tires seems outragous.
WHAT ! I just had two rear car tires ( heavy run-flat ones ) shipped for $40 via UPS.

·
Registered
839 Posts
shipping cost -

Hey Hallct, Many companies are charging ridiculous shipping and handling costs now-a-days. Like others I have even decided not to purchase an item from a particular retail outlet because of this very issue. Their strategy is often to advertise a very competitive sales price with plans to make additional profit by charging 4 times the actual shipping cost.

Occasionally you can negotiate a shipping/handling discount if you mention that the delivery schedule is not that important and you haven't called them a gangster too many times.

Good Luck, Michael :)

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
You might try some of your local boat dealers around there. Some of those boat trailers have weird tire sizes. Kendra's are pretty plentiful as a tire brand.

·
Registered
718 Posts
:dancing troll:That's one reason I would not buy a Bushtec is the tire size. Seems like they have you by the short and curlies in that aspect. Also what if you should need to buy one of these while on a long trip?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 95 Bushtec trailer and the tires on it have great tread, But the sidewalls are very badly weather cracked and I want to replace the tires. I have been to bushtecs site and they have non directional Kendra Tires 3.00 X 16 6 ply for 69.00, which i would pay. But they want 71.00 to ship two of these skinny no weight tires to OKla, and I am not going to pay that much for shipping tires.

Thats nuts! Too bad you couldn't find someone close by to pick them up and put 'em on UPS truck for you.Good luck!

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Might check at one of the locale motorcycle shops for a front tire that size. I had an early 90ty's bushtec that came with knobby motorcycle tires. Not a good deal wore them out real quick at highwy speed. But they might have a street tire that would work.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have scoured the net, and can not find any 6 ply that Bushtec uses.(Kendra non directional 3.00 X 16 . I may be stuck with their tires, but i still am not going to pay that kind of rate for shipping. I have looked on their website to see where they are located, and can not even find thier address. If I can find someone to ship the tires to me, I will buy from Bushtec but pay someone else to ship . They can not weigh that much.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All,
I never could find tires, and called Bushtec this morning to find out why the shipping was so high.
I talked to Scott there and he said there web site it messed up on the shipping price, and they have not been able to fix it. he got my address and called me back, and two tires and two tubes shipping is $26.75. So I have them coming. Now I am happy again.
Thank you Bushtec.....

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Glad it worked out for you,as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get them mounted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.