Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would like to find a replacement AM/FM/CD player to slide in place of AM/FM/cassette player. Do they even make them I can't find one any where , can't even find what I have . This needs to fit a Goldwing 1200 85 model aspencade fit in the fairing slide in and locks. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to gwof ricky3243. you will have to fit a newer car or marine radio in you wing. i don't think anyone makes a old style radio with two knobs anymore. if you have an '85 you have a 1200 wing

·
Registered
6 Posts
What kind of mounting do you have for the radio? Stock in the fairing or something like a cycle sounds mount near the windshield?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
looking for radio

Hello and thanks for asking , I forgot to say . Ok it's a factory mount in the fairing . It just slides into the mount and takes the key to remove it from mount .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
do you have an aspencade or interstate? they use different radio is why i ask. do you have the intercom on your wing

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
if you replace the factory radio with an auto radio you'll loose the intercom try contacting serra electronics ( google for the web site i'm not on my home 'puter ) to have them repair yours

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking for radio

Well thank you very much but the one I have is still working I just want to replace it with one that plays CD's instead of Cassettes . I guess I'm stuck with the one I have .

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i use a sandisk sansa r280 8gig mp3 player and a wireless transmitter, it holds way more songs than a cd. the transmitter has to be set to an open fm frequency. i keep a tape in the tape player incase i'm out of my area and need to reset the frequency for the mp3 player but can't cause i am riding

·
Registered
1 Posts
86 Aspencade radio

Well thank you very much but the one I have is still working I just want to replace it with one that plays CD's instead of Cassettes . I guess I'm stuck with the one I have .
Hi Ricky - Colin Vrooman here
I have the same radio but I am looking for the thumb switch on the left grip that changes the radio station. Mine has just fallen apart, so I can change radio channels. Do you have any idea or contacts that know where I can get such a switch
Thanks CjV

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Howdy ... If You Do Find A Radio / Cd Player Make Sure The Cd Player Is A 3 Beam Lazer ... If Not You Will Have Major Skip Probs ... I Think William Is On A Good Track Using A Mp3 Player Or An Ipod ... Go To Best Buy Or Some Other Stereo Shop And See What You Can Find That Will Fit In The Hole And Face Plates ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts