Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Wings, but not new to bikes and street bikes, having had one for 33 years. I "finally" bought a Wing this year; a 1978 classic! I could never use my street bike for work, but with the baggage of a Wing, I can. But you knew that! I wanted something cheap to see if it would work. Now that I know it will work, I need to move up to creature comfort. Where do I look? I live about 30 miles west of Philadelphia. I am willing to drive it home from anywhere within 400 miles. Forget eBay!

Oh, and by the way. the '78 is for sale.

Randy
Pottstown PA

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Partzguy206,
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Florida.
You can try Craigslist, Cycle Trader, a local bike shop that has consignment bikes. These are good places to start.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i dont know if u are looking to buy from a dealer but if you are sport honda of matuchen nj has a few used wings one is a 01 that looked pristine good luck with your search

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris: I wouldn't mind buying from a dealer. In fact, it looks like private deals are going for the same price as dealer deals. Gotta wonder why someone would pay the rate of a dealer for no warranty in a private deal?

Two Wheel Wing: I think Michigan is a little too far! If I ever go there, it will be pulling 26 feet of sled toys and heading to the U.P.!

PS: What is the reference of the colored map?

Randy

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
What is the reference of the colored map? Randy
It's a visual of states visited. Some do only states that they rode their bikes in. Others any state visited either with 2, 3 or 4 wheels

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought as much! I have a hugh map on my wall of all the places I have flown my Cessna.

Please define NE PA. I am Pottstown, which is west of Philly.

Randy

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Partzguy and fellow flyer. quite a few of us here are pilots of one description or another. My personal bird is a '73 C172 with wheel pants, gap seals, powerflow exhaust and a full IFR panel. Now get out there and find yourself a ground based Wing to fly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Budoka: Mine (1/2) is an '81 C182, completely reburbed, flap gap seals, well...see it for yourself! http://moonflight.org/ Check out the panel!
My plane partner is undecided if he wants to sell out or bring in a 1/3 partner, hence the listing on the site. Neither of us get to fly as much as we'd like. We're both business owners, you know!
I do have a float rating from your homeland, albeit Ontario.
Randy

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Beautiful bird Partzguy. I almost opted for the 182 when I picked mine up 10 years ago. I got swayed by the incredible economy (5.5 gph at 105 kts IAS cruise, low maint costs etc...practicality in the middle age crisis y'know). What I would really like is a straight tail Bonanza, I've flown the V's and just don't like the tail end "Bonanza Boogie". A light foot on the right ruddervator checks it, but I like straight once all trimmed out. I had a similar moon moment to your picture after waiting out a spring squall a few years back, but no camera :)(). Sky totally cleared, full moon, stars everywhere, butter smooth at 5500' and then the Aurora Borealis burst on the scene. One of those moments that is likely to never occur again...pure magic. You are right about 'being on top' but I have to watch icing in certain temp humidity conditions. In cloud on the airframe is obvious with single engine ops (s/e bug smashers are not an IFR bird) but 172's are notorious for carb ice and mine is no different. Knowing your plane is essential.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I thought as much! I have a hugh map on my wall of all the places I have flown my Cessna.

Please define NE PA. I am Pottstown, which is west of Philly.

Randy
Wilkes-Barre

·
Registered
24 Posts
Goldwing

I got mine off of Craigs list. There are many to choose from. You can use a website craigslisttemptest to do multiple searches at once.

I'm new to Wings, but not new to bikes and street bikes, having had one for 33 years. I "finally" bought a Wing this year; a 1978 classic! I could never use my street bike for work, but with the baggage of a Wing, I can. But you knew that! I wanted something cheap to see if it would work. Now that I know it will work, I need to move up to creature comfort. Where do I look? I live about 30 miles west of Philadelphia. I am willing to drive it home from anywhere within 400 miles. Forget eBay!

Oh, and by the way. the '78 is for sale.

Randy
Pottstown PA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts