Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is a 1994 Gold Wing SE. LCD display panel is partially shaded, from far left to center. Looking for information on a replacement if such as part is available even?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The LCD assembly shows as available in Canada so it should be available in the States too if you want to o through a dealership to get one. The Part #:37130-MT8-721 but it's pricey $710.00 Cdn. Should be moderately less down there, and ther are parts sites that may be cheaper e.g. directline parts and such. Not sure about e-bay and craigslist etc.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I have been looking for some time and you're the first positive answer I have received to date, thanks also for the part number, you've been a big help to be sure.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad to help out. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try "pinwall cycle parts" They sell used goldwing parts on EBay. Bought parts for my 1100 and my 1500 through them. Good seller!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your kindness. What I thought would be simple has turned out to quite a challenge. Bob...

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
The sad part is once you get the dash out, the only thing wrong is the LCD gel between two pieces of glass has dried up some, to bad we can't get the gel. Check e-bay if you haven't already. In the future be careful parking it for extended period of time in the sun.
And as long as you got it out, you might want to replace all the bulbs, will cost you about $20.00 but will save to time and effort later.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know I have been reading up on the problem and its exactly as you wrote, seems a shame in a way that Honda would not have come up with a workaround for the many thousands of faithful folks who would at some point experience this problem I suppose customer service can only go only so far. Thanks for the tip about the bulbs, I'll take advantage of your advice. Bob...

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Bob
I used Wagner #,158 and 658 from NAPA you'll need a box of each. Can't for the life of me remember which went where. Buy them by the box it way cheaper then in the twin pack.
You find a few bulbs with what looks like a little blue condoms they may or may not peel off for re use if not don't worry it will just make those locations brighter.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
lcd screen

anyone needing the lcd screen for their goldwing, I just ordered one for my 1994 se through partzilla.com oem part 37130- MT8-771 the price was 402.85, after using promo code [meetsister] the final cost was 382.72 other parts sites were 610.00

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bingo! Thank you Joker.45 very much appreciate you for taking the time to send this information forward.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts