Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here and I am looking for advice. I am going to be shopping for a wing over the next year and I always like to do my homework.
The honda site does not list the features of the bike other than the big 5 for each option package.

I am looking for more detail and I thought asking current owners would be the best place to start.

thanks

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There are different levels depending on what you want. If you want ABS than you have to get a bike at that level. The GPS on the Gold Wing is not all that good, and limited if not unavailable updates for it. I bought an 08 base model, I don't need heated grips or seat or GPS, I added after market stuff to my bike. The 09's up the base model has the comfort package. That is the lowest package you can get.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
I got the base 2010 model and found that the heated grips and seat sure come in handy on a chilly to cold day. I've heard negative comments on the gps and didn't want the anti-lock brakes. They all come with radio and intercom system that makes riding with my wife all the better. We ride with a group so adding the cb was something I did at the purchase.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
08 Heated seats/ grips, GPS on mine. Regardless of the factory items you get or don't get, the bike is the most important.The factory integrated option are great for keeping the dash uncluttered, but it comes at a price and restrictive conditions. Your big decision shoud be color!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your input. I was mostly curious what "other" differences there were in the packages offered. Seems that they are all pretty much the same except for the abs and airbag and all that. I am not really into the gps either. I rather prefer the "get lost" method. I like to just go wander around.

Thanks again.

I will say this about the colors. THey need to introduce better options. Having two shades of gray for one year is a waste. They need to bring back that beautiful blue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts