Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the lugage rack and back rest pictured here.
Well i bought a 1984 goldwing! Now i have to admit, i have never owned anything but a harley before last week!
The bike is very nice almost original, garage kept and for a bike 37 years old...only a little over 41 thousand on it!
( my old harley was knockin close to 200 thousand )
Anyway...the pic above ( not my bike ) has the exact same lugage rack and it has the brackets on it for that long sliding backrest....but no backrest.
If anyone knows where one can be had.....

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is a Triple A backrest luggage rack combo that was very popular back in the 70's for many older Hondas and others at the time. I think you would have quite a time finding one for a Gold Wing unless it's a early 80's on down when they still made standard (naked) bikes. I seem to recall my 80 GL1100 had one of those when I bought it. Pita to adjust and get it comfy for me when riding solo. Very uncomfortable for passenger as back rest bars are about at least a inch wider than the seat!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1984 GL1200 standard!
It has that exact same lugage rack. The rack has the brackets still attached to it. Only piece missing is that backrest section!
If i get lucky i will find one. Otherwise i will have to have one made..
I know it is an after market item! But hey! If i don't ask around...option B is all i got.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.