Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting! I just joined and excited to see this great resource on Goldwings. I am in the process of purchasing my first Goldwing. My wife and I have been riding a 2008 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tour for the last two years and we are looking at Goldwings. We live in Southern California and hoping to find someone looking for a good home for a 2008 + Goldwing. Appreciate any advise, contacts....

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
check out the classifieds on this site,there's an 08 for sale

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Greeting! I just joined and excited to see this great resource on Goldwings. I am in the process of purchasing my first Goldwing. My wife and I have been riding a 2008 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tour for the last two years and we are looking at Goldwings. We live in Southern California and hoping to find someone looking for a good home for a 2008 + Goldwing. Appreciate any advise, contacts....
Bought mine here locally in November from " Craigs List ". 08 Navi, comfort, no ABS, 9,800 miles. $18,00.00 out his driveway. Came off a VTX 1300 so the Wing was even more satisfying to ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state of Pennsylvania. Hope you find the Wing of your dreams. You can check out this site below. There are a lot of 1800 for sale there in the Classified forum.

Or you can look on eBay and craigslist. I'm always a little leary of craigslist though.. good luck and ride safe..

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forums.php

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
It's a little far from where you live BuilderSteve, but :listing for a friend here in Savannah;

Pearl White 2008 with tons of chrome. Pictures on the way.

This is a super sharp, super clean, low mile bike. Pictures available when it stops raining.

Navigation, heated seats, heated grips. chrome front fender trim, chrome fender extention, chrome rotor covers with Ring Of Fire (red and Blue lights), chrome lower cowl, Honda fog lights, chome levers, Kuryakyan grips, chrome brake and clutch resevoir covers, chrome frame covers, Chrome Shark grills, Kuryakan pegs, chrome passenger floor board covers, chrome passenger cowl covers, chrome lighted trunk and saddle bag trim, Chrome trunk rack, Chrome armrests, chrome/lighted mud flap, saddle bag and trunk mats, etc.

Baker hand wings
Kuryakyn Back rest
Honda CB antenna
Full cover with storage bag.

Only 4400 miles on this bike!

The first one with 17,750.00 gets to ride it home.

Found on the web site that Two Wheel Wing linked to you in the below post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a great deal but unfortunately I found out California's Dept of Motor Vehicles has this stupid law where any motor vehicle including motorcycles has to have more than 7,500 miles on it otherwise they will not issue lic. tabs for it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like a great deal but unfortunately I found out California's Dept of Motor Vehicles has this stupid law where any motor vehicle including motorcycles has to have more than 7,500 miles on it otherwise they will not issue lic. tabs for it.
well hell, buy it and drive it around there, till you get the required amount, then take it home!!! cause that it one heck of a price!!! rick:)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm brain dead or something here! Are you saying a used vehicle must have 7,500miles on it or any vehicle(how would a dealer sell a new vehicle) or does this apply to an out of state vehicle that does not comply w/California emissions standards?
What I found was the following statement on California's BMV sight: California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business to be a new vehicle. This holds true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state.
I couldn't find anywhere that you couldn't register a vehicle under 7,500 miles?????????

To keep this related to the OP. Check on the internet, there are several dealers with very good prices on left over brand new 08's around the country.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm brain dead or something here! Are you saying a used vehicle must have 7,500miles on it or any vehicle(how would a dealer sell a new vehicle) or does this apply to an out of state vehicle that does not comply w/California emissions standards?
What I found was the following statement on California's BMV sight: California considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time of purchase or trade by a California resident or business to be a new vehicle. This holds true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state.
I couldn't find anywhere that you couldn't register a vehicle under 7,500 miles?????????

To keep this related to the OP. Check on the internet, there are several dealers with very good prices on left over brand new 08's around the country.
Yes there are a few dealers who have some Great deals on left over 08' Models. I picked up an 08' Airbag, Navi, Comfort, ABS, Premium Audio model for $19,699 in Shawnee Oklahoma less than a month ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Getting ready to pick up 08 Abs navi comfort premuim audio model @ russellvile arkansas for 19,385.00 Russellvile honda they still have a couple left

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Getting ready to pick up 08 Abs navi comfort premuim audio model @ russellvile arkansas for 19,385.00 Russellvile honda they still have a couple left
Congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Enjoy the site, enjoy your new toy and ride safe..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, adding my congrats to you as well on your '08. In fact, I just purchased an '07 Goldwing myself and having it shipped in from Oregon hoping to have it by Thursday this week. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come. If delivery goes well I will officially be among the winged worriers!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I was at a Shop a few days ago; they have a 2003 (or2004... I forgot) with only 2500 miles on it for about $15000. Here in SoCal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts