Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently relocated to Las Vegas from Reno and I have a 1993 1500 SE with 22,000 miles on in it. On the trip down from Reno I started to get a burned oil smell. I looked underneath and found a small oil drip. The oil was then flinging back onto the exhaust. I would like to get this taken care of as soon as possible. I am looking for a referral for someone that can fix this. I would also like help putting on new brake pads and tuning the bike up. I am not opposed to going to a dealer but my experience is that many don't want to work on a 17 year old bike and when they do the costs can be outrageous. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see you also posted your request on Las Vegas Craigslist. I don't know if you saw the below posting on there dated Sept 17th:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/1959327572.html

I can't vouch for anything listed in the above post. I live in Vegas and I'm still looking for my first Wing myself. Been to all the dealers out here, but don't know about their service, etc. I do know a lot of folks are unemployed or on "reduced hours" out here because of the economy, so maybe the poster is qualified and looking for some extra "on the side" income.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Radarsdad lives in Vegas too, maybe he has some info he can share.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Green Valley motorcycles..Mike is the owner and a pretty good mechanic and a straight shooter.. He's in the phone book..can't find biz card right now..

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Tim, Can only speak from my experiance. On our cross country trip we had an issue with our '95 going into North Grand Canyon. Had to nurse the bike thru Utah down to Vegas. RadarsDad gave me a tip to talk to RideNow Honda. They have several shops but we ended up at the one in North Vegas on Rancho Drive. They have a mechanic that specializes on Wings & the Service Mgr. "Fred" is an awesome guy. They were very helpful, swift & very reasonable considering we were from PA. I suggest you call them. (702) 656-1800

Again this is from my experiance & as always one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Can't speak for the independents in Vegas but if I had to take mine to a local dealer, I think RideNow on Rancho is better than the rest (including other RideNow locations) as far as Wings go.

I spoke to the Honda Corporate guys down at the Laughlin River Run this year and they agreed that "Goldwing Glenn" at the Rancho location is one of the most knowledgable salemen in the industry and their service department was also very good. I've spoken with Glenn on many occasions, but have not needed the service department yet (knock on wood).

I've heard negative things about most of the other dealers in town but nothing about the Rancho location yet. Give them a try!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts