odyssey is the only battery you'll find powering my wings

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
+1 on Odyssey.....

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I still have the original in my GL1800 but when I had to replace the battery in my 98 GL1500 i went with the Westco AGM battery. It was in the bike for 6 years and started every time. I kept it on the battery tender when the bike sat for any length of time.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
napa for my 1500

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
I have no need for batteries for my bikes yet, but the gel batteries have my interest.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no need for batteries for my bikes yet, but the gel batteries have my interest.
I know what you mean. I'll go with either the no maintanace or gel.
I'm so confused. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
I know what you mean. I'll go with either the no maintanace or gel.
I'm so confused. :confused:
you want an odyssey. for winter just disconnect the negative cable and leave it on the bike. come spring reconnect the negative cable and hit the starter. if your odyssey needs to be put on a charger you have a power drain somewhere. there is no water in an odyssey to freeze but like any battery it can have an internal short which isn't very likely so search the web and catch one on sale, thats what i did

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to check out the odyssey tomorrow because it seems to be the choice from the forum.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:)Get the new battery soon, the weather is going to be sunny and 19*C. on Staurday. It will be nice to able to ride in March.
Tell me about it. My cousin and good friend have been riding all winter long. I call one this afternoon and they where both out riding again.

My old battery is ok to start, but definitely needs to be changed.

·
Banned
3,114 Posts
A year ago, I got a gel battery from Budget Battery for $80 and it has been starting without any issue so far.

I have been reading about this newer battery that weights 12 lbs less than the factory OEM. Expensive. Not sure if it is worth it to me, but someone on a different forum was spewing about it in his pull tent camper.

This is the link. http://www.shoraipower.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.