Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 1500 SE and am struggling with some positioning. I have posted in the regular forums about having some severe knee pain believed caused by a pinch nerve. so Im going to the chiropractor. but if that dont work, I either need a solution or I will be unable to keep the wing.

I do a little leatherwork, so Im thinking of making myself a custom seat and would like to start with a stock seat pan and whatever is left of foam. so Im not looking for a new or very good shape seat. Im looking for something cheap to start with so if it doesnt work out. Im goinjg to thin out the drivers section and remove the thick stock back rest. t his should move me back a few inches and legs a tad less wider.

Im open to ideas, just seeing what anyone has.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
How I went about to find a cheap seat:

I watched the Craigslist ads. Whenever there was a Goldwing for sale on CL in my area, I inquired to the seller if they had an extra seat and would they consider it for sale. It took 2 months, but I got a Corbin that needed a little repair for $50. I spend $125 to have the drivers portion of the seat recovered. I have a very comfortable seat for $175.

By the way, I used the same approach on my 05 Honda Silverwing and got a brand new looking Corbin seat with the edge ribbing the same color as my bike for $250.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How I went about to find a cheap seat:

I watched the Craigslist ads. Whenever there was a Goldwing for sale on CL in my area, I inquired to the seller if they had a seat for sale. It took 2 months, but I got a Corbin that needed a little repair for $50. I spend $125 to have the drivers portion of the seat recovered. I have a very comfortable seat for $175.

By the way, I used the same approach on my 05 Honda Silverwing and got a brand new looking Corbin seat with the edge ribbing the same color as my bike for $250.

I will keep an eye out. gotta move my a$$ back and relieve some of this pain or Im done. cant hardly go an hour right now and Im a bit bummed. but think I will be able to get it worked out. actually hoping the visit to the chiropractor is the ticket and the rest of this is just for fun.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Bob, P.M sent.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
if you haven't gotten a seat yet i have the stock seat that came on my '93 with some of the foam removed by the po

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 98 1500 SE and am struggling with some positioning. I have posted in the regular forums about having some severe knee pain believed caused by a pinch nerve. so Im going to the chiropractor. but if that dont work, I either need a solution or I will be unable to keep the wing.

I do a little leatherwork, so Im thinking of making myself a custom seat and would like to start with a stock seat pan and whatever is left of foam. so Im not looking for a new or very good shape seat. Im looking for something cheap to start with so if it doesnt work out. Im goinjg to thin out the drivers section and remove the thick stock back rest. t his should move me back a few inches and legs a tad less wider.

Im open to ideas, just seeing what anyone has.
I recommend going on line and look for M/C junk yard usually listed as M/C used parts.
I have purchased parts for my bikes using this method.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.