Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the comments I've read about 2011 goldwing speculation have been all good information. Overall it seems as though most comments I've read encourages me to consider buy 2010 or older. Each and every opinion states valid reasons behind there recommendation. However the stubborn side of me still wishes for so much more than the 2010 and previous wings offered. And as advertised in gizmag, the 2011 seems to meet my interest.
Dont get me wrong, the ride on the previous wings is excellent. But I bought a goldwing for more reasons than just the ride. I wanted the best technology too. So Im still leaning towards waiting for the 2011. And yes this wait is painful. :)
I sure hope some information comes to fruition soon.
If only I could see some pics, specs, or something.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There will NOT be a 2011 Gold Wing, they need to retool the new plant in Japan and so the first Gold Wing that will be made there will be in production in 2011 so that will be a 2012 model. And as far as any information on what a new Gold Wing will look like or what equipment it will have are all rumors. If our government could keep a secret as good as Honda we would be in great shape. Honda produced 09 & 2010 Gold Wings before they shut down the plant in Marysville Ohio, the only difference in them are the colors. IF they come out with a 2011 it will be a left over 2010 that has already been made and it sitting in a crate.
What other technology do you think it might have, you can now get an air bag, GPS heated seats and grips, ABS, what more are you looking for? Maybe a coffee maker or auto pilot!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOLOLOL. I love the coffee maker joke. hmmmmm? :)
Auto pilot; Maybe if there was a plug for human connect. I would definitely want that. :)

Actually, was hoping for improvements with it's existing technology.
Listed below are some ideas:
- USB sinking capabilties rather that just a stereo auxiliary input for mp3 devices.
- I bought a external bluetooth device and had it professionally installed by honda
and even though it was professionally installed, I heard a lot of motor noise through
head ear piece while using the device. I would like the new Goldwing to have this
capability built into the stereo itself. That would eliminate motor noise.
- I live in Michigan so the heated hand grips and seat never got hot enough. Would
like to see improvements with those two accessories.
- Touch screen navi would be nice. Also with traffic updates as well.
- Better stereo speakers is also needed. On The 2006 model I owned I modified the
stereo by adding a car amp with six new component speakers. Audio on my bike was
crystal clear and could be played a louder volumes especially while on the interstate.
Felt like surround sound. :) The additional 2 speakers I added in the back of the bike
by modifying the trunk with a fiberglass enclosure. 6.5 inch speakers were put in the
enclosure. My bike's sound was close to most cars. Man was I spoiled with that.
- would also like adjustable seat and wind screen.
- Powered kick stand
- Human Friendly transmission is very interesting. I know that's gonna be nice to have.
So I guess its gonna be another summer without ridding a bike for me. Oh well, Im sure the wife can keep me busy with projects around the house.

I still have the enclosure,6.5 component speakers, and seat left from my bike that was totaled. I'm hoping it fits the new bike once it comes out. If it doesn't I will be selling it.
If anyone interested in looking at pics let me know.
Take care and thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I do agree with you, a lot of things that are on The Gold Wing, as nice as they are have room for improvement.
It's amazing that BMW has a lot of things that the Gold Wing doesn't. Some of Honda other bikes have things that the Gold Wing does not. The adjustable windshield would be a big plus and an adjustable seat (the BMW has that) would be great also. A gear indicator would be nice also.Maybe with the new plant starting up in Japan we can look forward to some nice changes. Oh yea a sixth gear would help to lower the RPM'S for better gas mileage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
reference?

I saw a post above saying that there would not be a new 2011 GW and I have seen it before on this sight. However, I have not seen any reference for this statement and can't find it on the internet anywhere. Is this just a rumor or is it actually documented somewhere? It will make a big difference of whether I wait to buy one or not. I'll just get one now if the next one doesn't come out until 2012. Thanks very much, CD

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why are we discussing such old fashioned accessories--- why not?

1.complete heads ups displays on the helmet screens
2.completely cordless helmets
3.induction electrical clothing hookups in the back rest of driver and passenger (you sit down your hooked up --no cords)
4. vertical centerstand (hydro or electric)
5 another gear and another 2 gallons of gas
6. all led lighting
7. HID head lights and driving lights
8 progressive turn signals
are just a few --what do you say ?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hello Lemaj. Sorry you had a bike totalled (been there done that, and got NO t-shirt). Joe is right from what I've heard with my contacts that work at Honda Canada. They're (Honda) real big on giving us what they think we need rather than what we want. I would like a better front fork (nit picking here) and an adjustable w/s a'la ST1300, and there used to be a seat position adjustment on my 1200. I'd bet money on the auto transmission making it's way into the GL (VFR1200) with the new model arrival in 2012 (or whenever it does get here) with a 6 cog box too. Part of the reason for the still present 5-speed is the passing power in top gear and those of us that pull trailers with our Wings. There's room for more performance out of the GL engine with v-tec and four valve heads (??:D) too. My '09 is gonna last me a good many years to come, but it should be interesting to see how it turns out to say the least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts