Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st time here. I have been considering the purchase of a used Gold Wing, no specific unit in mind yet but am wondering if there are any model years to avoid. If your not wanting to spend alot of money is there a mileage limit a person should be concerned about? Engine sizes increased over the years from somewhere around 1100 to at least 1800 now. Were they all good engines or is there anything about any particular size that may be worth avoiding or pursuing? I am just looking for some good general opinions. My use is very seasonal due to my northern Mich. location.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Look for a 1500 Apencade or SE. I have an 08 1800 and it is fine, but I believe I would prefer the room and the style lines of the 1500 if I were going to get a previously owned one.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If your looking for a 1500 go with about a 95 or newer, or if you can swing it go for an 05 or newer 1800. I would stay away from a GL 1200 if the stator has not been replaced yet.

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and good luck on your search. Looks like you've gotten some good info from the folks on the board.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AAhh, SE has reverse, I'm sure that is a benefit in trying to manuver the machine. The last bike I had had fuel injection, was not as cold blooded. I appreciate it! Will buy you all a beer next time I see you!

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
SE has reverse
two tone paint and foot warmers, an upgraded radio, spoiler on the trunk.
aspencades have reverse interstates don't

·
Super Moderator
28,433 Posts
My 85 LTD has fuel inj.

I was waiting for one of you guys to chime in. You, bstar or Zilla, I was wondering which one it would be. That's why I included Steve Saunders link in my 1st post. Nothing like a good History lesson.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts